Тёмный

MotoGP Tech Deep Dive with Neil Spalding | OMG! MotoGP Podcast 

OMG! MotoGP
Подписаться 8 тыс.
Просмотров 9 тыс.
50% 1

RECORDED 1 MONTH AGO
This week Keith sits down with MotoGP Technical journalist, Neil Spalding for a tech deep dive!
-----------------------------------------------
Join our Patreon and Support us continuing OMG!
- patreon.com/user?u=34973707
OMG! MotoGP is part of the MotorMouth Media Network. Do check out our other shows:
- The MotorMouth F1 Podcast: podfollow.com/the-motormouth-...
- The Padel Movement: podfollow.com/the-padel-movem...
Download your podcast:
podfollow.com/the-omg-motogp-...
Apple:
podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast...
Spotify:
open.spotify.com/show/2YsyrOX...
Follow our hosts:
- Keith : / keithhuewen
- Harry: / imharrybenjamin
- Amy: / amyreynoldstv
- Renita: / renitavermeulen
- Pete: / mclarenmotogp
Follow us on Social Media:
- Twitter: / omgmotogp
- Instagram: / omgmotogp
- RU-vid: / @omgmotogp
Produced by MotorMouth Media
motormouth.media

Спорт

Опубликовано:

11 июн 2024

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 66   
@kahidunn7907
@kahidunn7907 Месяц назад
Was lucky enough to meet Neil at some Motogp dinners and he managed to take the most complex engineering solutions and make them seem very simple even for a guy like me. He has a great understanding of all things technical and explains them eloquently.
@nigelslydmor
@nigelslydmor Месяц назад
This is the best OMG podcase I've seen, The rider interviews are next best, but this one was clearly the tops!
@EanSpence
@EanSpence Месяц назад
Great podcast Neil please come back sometime 😊
@sburns2421
@sburns2421 Месяц назад
His MotoGP Technology book is a great read, capturing those early years of the four-stroke era.
@Suomyice
@Suomyice Месяц назад
Thanks for bringing Neil on Keith. And if you are clever you should have him on regularly. He is a very clever man and great at observing and explain to audience the technical side of things and overall knows MotoGP inside out. I miss a lot the days when Toby, Julian and Neil were together in the commentary booth.
@spencerabaker
@spencerabaker Месяц назад
Dear God, how I’ve missed listening to Spalders…..the best interview podcast I’ve listened to. Period. Much as we like Simon up and down the MGP pit lane, listening to Neil for 45 mins was an absolute revelation, understanding tyre tech and the knock on effects being explained is the kind of thing we’ve been missing from the coverage since Eurosport lost it. Thanks Spalders, thanks Keith, please can we make this a regular podcast to recap on Neils thoughts after every 2/3/4 GP’s? Oh, and I’d also really like one of his 853 kits for my 748R, lol.
@seangray4512
@seangray4512 Месяц назад
Wow man, that was one of the best pod cast, thanks Neil and everyone for bringing this to us, so much knowledge and interesting stuff to listen too. Having Crafer on last time was super too!
@hillbillyacoustics6547
@hillbillyacoustics6547 Месяц назад
First Simon now Spalders, excellent 😊
@MillerMotoring
@MillerMotoring Месяц назад
Thanks for coming on Neil! Not only were Jules/Toby a delight but having some juicy tech segments with Neil made a super team in the booth! Thank you and cheers!
@gryphongryph
@gryphongryph Месяц назад
On Eurosport the commentators were not afraid to be critical and the knowledge was of the scale, today, especially on the MotoGp channel the commentators are woefully biased and ignorant at times, seam to have no clue about the evolution of the sport the last 20 years, everything is the best now and all the riders are the best we ever seen! In my opinion, there is only one alien at the moment and that is still Marc Marquez, maybe Quartararo and Acosta, but time will tell with him. If it were not for Simon Crafer on the MotoGP channel I would probably watch without the sound off😂
@Terraceview
@Terraceview Месяц назад
Spalding still sounds like a young man, top job.
@KeithHuewen16
@KeithHuewen16 Месяц назад
He’ll be happy to read this 😂
@philsaunder9690
@philsaunder9690 Месяц назад
Fascinating! Thought I’d seen all the opinions on the rule changes and the future but as always, Spalding wakes me up with his view. Top man. Well done, Keith!
@ShipMonster
@ShipMonster Месяц назад
Yes yes yes yes. More like this and Simon!
@sparsons8078
@sparsons8078 Месяц назад
Thanks for the tech talk & historical perspectives!
@shalamae8083
@shalamae8083 Месяц назад
I was completely fascinated with his thoughts and views. He made me excited for the future! Great job boys!
@Unamatrix01
@Unamatrix01 Месяц назад
Fantastic technical discussion,which is greatly appreciated as a mechanical engineer.
@StefanMedici
@StefanMedici Месяц назад
Great to hear Spalders. That voice takes me back. He knows his shit. The guest line up on OMG has been brilliant. Request for future guest... JB The great Jeremy Burgess. His story would need a 2 hour+ episode. Mamola, Gardner, Doohan, Rossi. Learning under Kanemoto. One of, if not the most successful crew chiefs of all time. Still can't believe a proper documentary hasn't been made about the guy.
@paulocesarcosta3083
@paulocesarcosta3083 Месяц назад
Stand up ovation 👌👏👏👏👏
@nikbear
@nikbear Месяц назад
Excellent interview 👏 get Mr Spalding back for more thoughts 👌
@user-ls6ws2mv3x
@user-ls6ws2mv3x Месяц назад
Keith and Julian best announce team ever period would like to hear some stories thanks
@richardcarr7557
@richardcarr7557 Месяц назад
Very interesting interview Keith, really enjoyed it. What a decent guy.
@wIndstar47
@wIndstar47 Месяц назад
Neil Spalding! You are wonderful ❤️ 💖 ...
@thehowlingterror
@thehowlingterror Месяц назад
Ahh good to hear Spalders. Julian, Toby and Randy were a real dream team in my view.
@HeathLedgersChemist
@HeathLedgersChemist Месяц назад
Very much enjoyed that interview.
@bennystuff
@bennystuff Месяц назад
Like Blundel in F1 Spalders makes sense of the complex stuff, loved him on Eurosport, how does moto GP survive without him involved in one way or another!!!!!!!
@danfredrick4585
@danfredrick4585 Месяц назад
Good one, enjoyed that
@Gian-mh2uy
@Gian-mh2uy Месяц назад
excellent podcast! I've confirmed what I knew for 2 decades and learned much more... loved it!
@thetonetosser
@thetonetosser Месяц назад
Superb!
@ryanharding6402
@ryanharding6402 Месяц назад
Awesome! Would love to see more episodes focusing on the technical history of MotoGP!
@AEPRacing
@AEPRacing Месяц назад
Too quick of a convo guys. Mega as always.
@TheBritfrog
@TheBritfrog Месяц назад
a tremondously interesting man i could listen to him all night much as I did when he stayed with us some 14 years ago in the south of France #
@iantribe1166
@iantribe1166 Месяц назад
What another quality pod cast love Neil so tech savvy liberty wouldn't go far wrong with getting his involvement in some form or another for the future
@triumphrider2002
@triumphrider2002 Месяц назад
Great podcast. 👏
@NodbodRS
@NodbodRS Месяц назад
That was fabulous, in the top 2. Can't decide either 1 or 2.
@dougrussell5084
@dougrussell5084 Месяц назад
Fantastic podcast. Insightful minds of both. Appreciate it!
@nelsong8986
@nelsong8986 Месяц назад
Great show and interview!!!
@davidciesielski8251
@davidciesielski8251 Месяц назад
Thank you very much. .
@lastgentleman8099
@lastgentleman8099 Месяц назад
The end of the 800cc era was 2011, not 2012, which was indeed won by Casey Stoner on Honda. Nicky Hayden did win the last 990cc era after Rossi suffered a number of mechanical problems throughout the season. However, Honda had already won 2002 and 2003 championships with Rossi. Honda has already won several 1000cc championship with Marc Marquez and I don't see why they need to win another one before 2027 as Mr. Spalding claimed.
@van_trippin5260
@van_trippin5260 Месяц назад
Have Spalders and Harry Metcalfe ever been seen together??
@ENLSN77
@ENLSN77 Месяц назад
😂😂😂
@mickbeckett5136
@mickbeckett5136 Месяц назад
Brilliant interview and what an education ❤
@TheDRobins
@TheDRobins 3 дня назад
Bloody brilliant that! Really interesting 👌👍👍
@scooterol
@scooterol Месяц назад
Would love to here his theory on the riders ,he witnessed ! The future crop ,brilliant interview
@pebspimentel8350
@pebspimentel8350 Месяц назад
watching from the Philippines... its like listening to sir Michael Caine
@gryphongryph
Wow, my two favorite people talking MotoGP. Spalders with the technology knowledge and a fantastic way of making it understandable for the average person and suitable grumpy more often than not 😂 OMG MotoGP should have him on more often, great show guys. I agree on Honda, they do not want to lose the way they are at the moment, on Yamaha, I was really afraid that they would do as Suzuki, but thank god they are still in it. On the rule changes, I think they sound sensible, but I would like a really sticky front tire and a looser rear tire, so we could get more riders sliding the rear out, also don’t let manufacturers control the turbulence behind the bikes, we need too have the still air behind so slipstreaming is possible again, it is strange seeing guys in the ‘slipstream’ not gaining on the rider in front and being able to overtake!
@macsmith6216
@macsmith6216 Месяц назад
They had that before before in the Bridgestone era great front tyre not so good rear Highsides galore and injuries No thanks
@gryphongryph
@@macsmith6216 I understand where you are coming from, but should be possible to design a rear tire that had a gradual wear, so the riders still could get enough feedback without getting to the point of high siding.
@lonpfrb
@lonpfrb Месяц назад
The reduction in Prototype motorcycle racing to safely operate in FIM circuits must mean a proportional reduction in Production motorcycle racing. Stopping 1000cc production superbike racing to go back to 750cc must be next to reduce speed emissions and injuries. This will align with the unreasonable contraints on proportion bikes that is causing manufacturers to abandon production superbikes as not economically viable. Less capacity less emission lower cost more riders...
@craigcullen4171
@craigcullen4171 Месяц назад
Brilliant
@wfamdaxj
@wfamdaxj Месяц назад
One more go for Suzuki perhaps ? That would be nice..
@sburns2421
@sburns2421 Месяц назад
People won't want to read this, but I would see QJ or CFMoto in the premier class before Triumph and probably even BMW.
@lonpfrb
@lonpfrb Месяц назад
If you think motorcycles are about personal freedom, why would you support manufacturers from CCP, best known for disrespect of fair trade, international rule of law, intellectual property and human rights? While BMW are not in F1, MotoGP is a reasonable prototype racing series for them to prove that they are world class engineers. Bring it on! IoM TT victory, and progress in WSBK so MotoGP next..
@sburns2421
@sburns2421 Месяц назад
@@lonpfrb If you are basing your purchases off the politics of the country of origin, your consumer options are extremely limited. Where do you think the components for the phone or device you typed that jingoistic drivel on was assembled?
@lonpfrb
@lonpfrb Месяц назад
@@sburns2421 Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand and the list goes on of acceptable emerging or leading economies. I have 40 years experience working in international supply chains so I'm well aware how it works. Not having a moral preference is not ethical and accepting the status quo without question is morally bankrupt. So making that choice is a start and the market will follow the demand. It always does.
@mumenraidaa
@mumenraidaa Месяц назад
Today I learned it's Michelin's fault why MotoGP is a Ducati Cup now. The competition shouldnt be limited to one tire brand
@lonpfrb
@lonpfrb Месяц назад
As Spalders says, it's up to the factory to understand the tyre and build to the optimum level, around every component.
@davidnelson6893
@davidnelson6893 Месяц назад
Yes that was cool Peace out
@TheVillageIdiotUk
@TheVillageIdiotUk Месяц назад
Bloody excellent to hear Spalders, a smattering of his profound technical knowledge and anecdotes from his years following racing. Thanks guys :- On the back of the interview with a certain Mr.S. Crafar Esq., this is proving to be a veritable treatfest.
@marca5883
@marca5883 Месяц назад
Spalders what a lege💚🇬🇧🌱
@theant9821
@theant9821 Месяц назад
euro-sport motogp coverage was best, i didn't watch motogp for years after it left euro-sport, i couldn't afford to. Hopefully Liberty media do a better job than the dorna mess of the last 10 years of gp coverage
@lonpfrb
@lonpfrb Месяц назад
Indeed, and understand that two passports are not enough for a global series. Must have US and UK riders, as a minimum, FR, DE, JP ideally..
@anxiousappliance
@anxiousappliance Месяц назад
remember when you could smoke on airplanes, and elevators? That's how racing a gas powered bike will seem in 20 years. It will all be alright - just stick a card in the spokes. As to Honda suddenly deciding to win - they have destroyed careers and broken riders' spirit - and they have very good riders right now, but ya wouldn't know it. so the idea that all they have to do is try real hard, would come as a shock to very good riders trying very hard on bad and vicious machines. Do'n't see it happening.
@mad4tar77
@mad4tar77 Месяц назад
An OMG podcast without a woke gender quota. That's more like it, I'll listen to this one.
@thehowlingterror
@thehowlingterror Месяц назад
I wasn't sure what you meant so I looked it up. Woke is now defined in the dictionary as “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)”
@macsmith6216
@macsmith6216 Месяц назад
@@thehowlingterror He means no women, time travel, he’s straight out of the 70s
Далее
Ouch.. 🤕
00:30
Просмотров 6 млн
Best exercises to lose weight ! 😱
00:19
Просмотров 4,3 млн
'I HAVE to PERFORM, that's the REALITY' - ANDREW IRWIN
55:36