Тёмный
No video :(

Obscure Puppet Media: A Magical Park On PBS 

Jett McPlane
Подписаться 1,2 тыс.
Просмотров 2,3 тыс.
50% 1

UPDATE MARCH 2024: WISHAROO PARK HAS BEEN FOUND.
FULL SERIES UPLOADED HERE: • Wisharoo Park (Full Se...
If I was going to bring science into the video, you’d think I’d figure out how to pronounce the words.
Wisharoo Park seemed to be doing well, with a notable website, collaborations with other brands, and discussion among parenting groups. But then BAM, it disappeared. A revival failed, and now it sits, forgotten by the world. That is, until today I do my very best to talk about this wonderfully musical show.
Here's a weird collaboration I found online before the show faded into obscurity: www.businesswi...
Wisharoo Park Songs available on RU-vid Channel:
/ wisharoo park - topic
Beginning videos featured are clips from my other videos: Mary Lou’s Flip Flop Shop, Breakfast with Bear, Scorch, Readalong, Hot Dog TV, The Rimini Riddle, and Benny Loves You.
Content Used:
• Wish-A-Roo Park: For t...
• Wisharoo Park - The W...
• Wisharoo Park - Star ...
• Wisharoo Park Theme Song
• Pahappahooey Island
• Fred Penner - "The Cat...
• Education Videos - Edu...
• Hot Potato / Do the Pr...
• Muppet Songs: Kermit a...
web.archive.or...
www.etsy.com/l...
www.flickr.com...
• The Adventures of Elmo...
• Sing Me A Story With B...
• Big Bag Season 1 Intro
• Bill Nye the Science G...
• The Simpsons - I Am So...
• A sing-a-long with Fre...
Music:
• [ No Copyright Music ]...
• Ukulele Kids Folk Acou...
• Inspiring Kids - Free ...
DISCLAIMER:
I am not an editor or a voice-over artist, but I will certainly improve with time! I use this channel to spark people's interest in obscure puppet media that needs some love!
ALSO, I usually don't own the videos used in this video. The credits go to the respective owners. If I have failed to cite your video please let me know!
Fair use :
Copyright Disclaimer under Section 107 of the copyright act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use.

Опубликовано:

5 сен 2024

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 49   
@epicboyo4883
@epicboyo4883 6 месяцев назад
I’ve only heard of this show for a few months but I wish it wasn’t so obscure cause I’m obsessed with Cali and Wisharoo’s designs! Maybe one day they’ll make an official account to post episodes, kinda like Nanalan did in the past while.
@seanmorse298
@seanmorse298 6 месяцев назад
I strongly suspect that's what they were planning to do--their website is still up, and it says "coming soon" on it. However, I think something stopped them--maybe it was the pandemic or something.
@JellyBeantheCorgi
@JellyBeantheCorgi 6 месяцев назад
Wisharoo Park is such a beautiful show and it's a shame it lost traction after the original series run came to an end. I absolutely love the character designs and music - Cali is so stinkin cute! I have another suggestion, if you don't mind. It's an Aussie show called Bambaloo, a co-production with the Jim Henson company, about a group of animals that live with their human friend in a tree. I watched a couple episodes and it was really sweet, it might be worth checking out!
@jettmcplane
@jettmcplane 6 месяцев назад
Wisharoo Park is an absolutely delightful show and I appreciate that you suggested it! Also, thank you for your next suggestion, I'll add it to my list, it is the perfect show for this channel!
@NicholasMoreau
@NicholasMoreau 5 месяцев назад
That ridiculously priced stuffed toy reminds me of something I saw in a Denny's claw machine at minimum 15 years ago: a Tingo from Sesame English. I knew enough to recognize him, but had never seen the program so didn't try my luck. Those are listed for around $175.
@windowcreeperbird9669
@windowcreeperbird9669 6 месяцев назад
Cool to see someone else talk about this show! I stumbled across this show on YT and really liked it. Also funny to hear some of the people who worked on Wish-a-roo park also worked on Pahapahooey island, cause I was wondering if the two shows were from the same people due to how the human puppets looked (and would explain why wish-a-roos park's just seemed to appear one day with no explanation)
@NathanWerewuff
@NathanWerewuff 6 месяцев назад
Would you look at that, I didn't even need to ask. Thank you so much, I can't begin to express how much I love Wisharoo Park.
@xephrou
@xephrou 6 месяцев назад
i think one of my favorite things about lost and obscure puppetry is that the notion of a lost puppet show also implies lost puppets.. like as much as i wanna know more about the show in general, it's also super interesting to think about where all the puppets and props ended up !! ^_^
@marcusblackwell2372
@marcusblackwell2372 6 месяцев назад
7:05 Well, allow me to enlighten you about that show, if I may, as I used to watch it often on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) in America, when I was younger. Pahapahooey Island is a Christian show that teaches various social and sometimes emotional lessons from a Biblical lens (like being a good sport, for the more social lessons, and where to hide the messages of the Bible for one more Christian oriented message, among others), and follows the adventures of Ally, a human, Captain Hopps, a frog captain with a Southern American accent, Millard, a penguin and the comic relief character, and Hacksaw, a beaver inventor who, in the first few episodes, was hard of hearing. The show drifts from episodic to serialized, but the first set of episodes, starting with The Road To Adventure, is about Ally and her friends preventing their island from passing into ill seas by trying to find the fabled Lost City. Oh, and the island floats. Other characters I can describe based on memory are: Ichabone Slink, a pink snake who's the main antagonist (villain) of the show, and his henchman, Fletch I think, who's a pink bat. He's still an antagonist, but in one episode plays in a bowling tournament on a team with Hacksaw. Lastly, The Elders. A tribunal who, as I understand it, govern the island, and act as the teachers of the show. The first episode is on RU-vid, but I don't know how else you can watch it in Canada
@morgan8196
@morgan8196 6 месяцев назад
i feel like Smile of a child puppet shows are well laughable terrible, but that show and st bears doll hospital im on a little hunt for nannas cottage, im not religious but i remember loving the show growing up
@marcusblackwell2372
​@@morgan8196 Well, in retrospect, you aren't wrong. The only other show aside from those three (aside from Nanna's Cottage because I haven't seen it) would be Miss Charity's Diner, if you know of it
@morgan8196
@@marcusblackwell2372 yea i watched that, there was someone who uploaded nannas cottage episodes and got their channel taken down.. the person made now their 3rd account and i found one more but the channel had a vod and now thats gone alot of the shows that dont air much are lost i think
@marcusblackwell2372
​@@morgan8196 Well, I've found that at least some of them have DVDs, like Friends & Heroes
@LamangoKaijura
@LamangoKaijura 6 месяцев назад
So I discovered a fourth child under the same banner as Professor Iris, Little Star and Chicken Minute. St. Bear's Doll Hospital. They even reuse some of the puppets from Chicken minute and Little Star.
@jettmcplane
Oh yeah, most of the same puppeteers as well! The holy quadrinity haha.
@NathanWerewuff
@NathanWerewuff 6 месяцев назад
You found my Wisharoo plush! Congrats.
@jettmcplane
HEEEY that's super cool!
@Freshieroleplays
@Freshieroleplays 6 месяцев назад
I have been obsessed with them for a while 😊
@Freshieroleplays
@Freshieroleplays 6 месяцев назад
I managed to get a plushie of cali off ebay, I havent found any listings for wisharoo yet though, but there is a wisherfish plushie online with the tag on that says who else has plushies
@jamiewebber7485
@jamiewebber7485 6 месяцев назад
Great video! If I ever find that torrent myself, I’ll make sure to upload it on an archival website or RU-vid, so that you’ll be able to watch it too.
@morgan8196
heyy sometimes commiting crimes is ok if it doesn’t harm people / JOKE THIS IS A JOKE
@mizuthebunny
@mizuthebunny 5 месяцев назад
Sorry if this is late, but you're in luck! I have the full series on my channel!
@kingemerald4622
@kingemerald4622 6 месяцев назад
You know who the Hoobs are! Iver Groove and Tula! We're the Hoobs! And their ready to go Now the wheels are turning, we can all get learning all the things we want to know Hobba Hobba's in hoobland, and Roma's somewhere far away The Motorettes are singing, we keep the engines spinning! Hobba-hoob-hooray! The Hoobmobile is coming your way! Here we come! The Hoobs are here, so what do you say? HOOBS!
@marcusblackwell2372
I wouldn't say that's obscure though
@kingemerald4622
@marcusblackwell2372 Still worth a mention, though! the Hoobs is so underrated
@marcusblackwell2372
​@@kingemerald4622 Well, I would agree about that
@kingemerald4622
@@marcusblackwell2372 I mean it getting acknowledged because it's barely talked-about like I just found out that there was merchandise for it
@marcusblackwell2372
​@@kingemerald4622 Including, of all things, a PS2 videogame
@morgan8196
i know you really do obscure puppet media so im going through an christan channel i watched for fun growing up because i liked some of the weirdness some of them have been uploaded to youtube fully tho so i might be wrong on the obscure part puppet parade kids like you charlie church mouse show dooley and pals show bedbugs i think thats all i can find.. i play ur videos when im baking so its great to listen to!
@marcusblackwell2372
Dooley and Pals isn't obscure. Every episode is out there. The only things that aren't available are the original PBS broadcasted episodes, and the pilot
@morgan8196
@@marcusblackwell2372 i just went through my mental catalog lol i wasnt sure what was really obscure lol in other news i found contact information about nannas cottage lol and thats not even a true puppet show? lol my fear could never contact tho edit I STILL WANT THE PILOT lol
@jettmcplane
Fantastic suggestions, also I totally get it. I feel so awkward reaching out to anyone but I think I'm going to have to start doing that to really get to the nitty gritty of these obscure shows. Also the only Christian shows I really watched as a kid were Kingdom Adventure and Veggie Tales so I appreciate this!
@marcusblackwell2372
​@@jettmcplane Well, you've been missing out there are other Christian shows for kids that don't seem preachy that you might like. Such as: Angel Wars (which has a criminally low episode count), Superbook (that one isn't preachy because it's applied in a way that feels natural, since many of the problems in the show are common problems that every young person faces. In the 2011 version, anyway. I haven't seen enough of the Anime one. Those are just a few. You don't have to watch if you don't want, but I just figured you might want to know what other non-preachy Christian series may be out there
@morgan8196
@@jettmcplane i tried his little production studio and wix is a terrible website creator it wouldnt let me send my message 😭 will try again tomorrow
@georgerobertson7010
@georgerobertson7010 5 месяцев назад
Awesome review
@magicspyglassakachloe3277
@magicspyglassakachloe3277 5 месяцев назад
HI SOO I checked the website and they actually updated it with 'coming soon' and some cute illustrations of the characters along with transparent logos of stuff like Netflix and Amazon (as well as youtube) Are they planning something? ALSO SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY UPLOADING ALL THE VIDEOS TO RU-vid AS WE SPEAK!!
@jettmcplane
@jettmcplane 5 месяцев назад
Oh yeah the "Coming Soon" has been there for years haha. And yeah! Mizu Bunny messaged me the day after I uploaded this video and sent me a link to all the episodes! They then started uploading them to RU-vid! I made a community post about it and will someday be making a follow up video for things I've talked about that have been found! Anyways it's very exciting that we went from a few episodes to all the episodes!!!
@magicspyglassakachloe3277
@magicspyglassakachloe3277 5 месяцев назад
@@jettmcplane Agreed! I'm gonna be binge watching it! Also yeah, sucks that it's been there for years :(
@c.w.r.794
@c.w.r.794 6 месяцев назад
What in the Bear in the Big Blue House is this show?
@seanmorse298
If anyone can find the rest of the episodes, please let us know and upload them here.
@jettmcplane
All the episodes have actually been found! Literally immediately after I uploaded the video I received a message from a subscriber and they had all of the episodes. I'm waiting to see if the original person who acquired the videos uploads them, or if I can get permission I may be able to upload them in the future!
@seanmorse298
Why don't you ask them to upload them?@@jettmcplane
@seanmorse298
In that case, why don't you ask them to upload them?@@jettmcplane
@Muppetman1230
@Muppetman1230 6 месяцев назад
Can you cover The Little Mermaid’s Island?
@marcusblackwell2372
ColinLooksBack already did, if you want to watch a video period
@georgerobertson7010
@georgerobertson7010 3 месяца назад
@@marcusblackwell2372I don’t think Colin reviewing it is a big deal I’ve seen other people review little mermaids island on here
@mizuthebunny
@mizuthebunny 6 месяцев назад
No way you did it!! By chance, do you have socials i can contact you on? I have something I would love to talk to you about 👀
@jettmcplane
Hey there, I do have an instagram which is simply thejettmcplane It does contain much more human me and not so much plane hahaha. Feel free to reach out to me on there (and anyone else reading this comment, I do post frequently about my personal puppet/mascot work on my IG)!
Далее
5 Lost Puppet Tv Shows | Lost Media
8:18
Просмотров 10 тыс.
WORST Characters on Nickelodeon
17:28
Просмотров 5 тыс.
No One Can Find This "Creepy Dinosaur" Game...
30:01
Просмотров 456 тыс.
Inside Out 2...?
19:28
Просмотров 1 млн
What RUINED Hanna-Barbera?
21:39
Просмотров 4,3 млн
The Obscure Lore Of Larva
30:33
Просмотров 934 тыс.
Cartoon Physics Are More Logical Than You Think