Тёмный

DIY Leather Tricorn Hat - Making My Own Pirate Hat Using a Pattern and Tutorial, with Embellishments 

Making Hannah
Подписаться 1,7 тыс.
Просмотров 639
50% 1

Join me on this creative journey as I attempt to craft my very first pirate hat from scratch! In this video, I dive into the world of haberdashery with zero experience but plenty of enthusiasm. Watch as I navigate through leatherworking tools, hand stitching, and unexpected challenges to bring this tricorn hat to life. Will it turn out as planned? Stick around to find out! Don't forget to like, subscribe, and leave your thoughts in the comments. Let's set sail together on this crafting adventure! ⚓🏴‍☠️ #DIY #PirateHat #Tricornhat
⚔️ Leather Pattern & Tutorial ⚔️ • Pirate Tricorn Hat DIY... - by ‪@DieselpunkRo‬
⚔️ To Support Making Hannah ⚔️
👍🏻 Like
🤍 Subscribe
☕️ Donate on Ko-Fi: ko-fi.com/makinghannah
🛒 Store: makinghannah.com
🍄 Follow me:
-- Instagram - makinghannah
-- TikTok - tiktok.com/@makinghannah
⚔️ Music Credit ⚔️
Hoist the Colours Buccaneers - Christoffer Moe Ditlevsen
Sea Adventures - Bonnie Grace
Learning to Fly - Jon Bjork
Tim's Livelyhood - Howard Harper-Barnes
Bring on the Adventure - Raymond Grouse
Dressing the Royals - Francis Wells
Manors and Manners - Francis Wells
⚔️ Transcription (limited by character count) ⚔️
Hey, it's me Hannah. In my last video, I sewed up a pirate jacket that I could wear in an upcoming photoshoot. But after staring at my first attempt at styling it and getting some really appreciated feedback from you, I finally realized what the pirate look was missing: a proper pirate hat.
And I recently scored this amazing leather material at my local thrift crafts store, so I thought I would try to make one. Now, this may surprise you, but I actually have no experience in the art of haberdashery. So, I am going to use this leather tricorn hat pattern that I found here on RU-vid. I'll link to it down below.
I'll just quickly measure my head circumference, which is where you should always start when making a hat. I assume. So I'm at 22.5in for my head circumference, that should put me at a size medium in this pattern. So let's print the pattern and cut out the pieces.
I got these leather working tools. I don't know what any of them are called, but I'm going to use this single hole punch guide to make the stitching go more easily. The tutorial that goes along with the pattern suggests punching the holes before cutting the pieces out, so I'm going to go with that strategy to.
I'm starting with a cross stitch on the side of this wavy piece here, and then I'm going to switch it up to what I think is called a couch stitch. To attach the two dome pieces together. I have needles on both sides of the wax thread that I'm using here, so I'm basically going back and forth through these pre-punched holes.
There is a lot of hand stitching involved in this project, which I typically try to avoid in my normal sewing projects. So I'm going to put on a D and D podcast cast or Taskmaster and just zone out.
Should I just stop now?
Okay. So as long as that took me, this turned out pretty good. I'm pretty proud of, like, how that looks so far. There's definitely a way that I could be, like, finishing the sides of these a little bit more cleanly. There are treatments for actual other. This is more of a faux leather situation. Like an upholstery, like faux leather type of fabric. Again, I got it from my, like, thrift crafts store, so, and I didn't pay very much for it. I'm really not worried either way. Pretty happy with how it's looking so far.
I think I've gotten to a good stopping point for tonight, and I will get to work on the brim tomorrow. The next day.
Okay, so now that we have the dome done and I've cut out the brim pieces, we are actually going to add the finishing detail around the outside of the brim to kind of give it a little bit of a cleaner finish. I believe I'm just going to continue using a couch stitch. And I'm just going to take these strips that I've cut out and attach them all the way around so that it can start to look something like this. Let's get to stitching.
And it feels like this is taking forever, but it really is looking very nice. So I think it's worth while. We're at about halfway, so just another couple hours. Then we can attach the brim to the dome. Pinch those corners. And we got ourselves a tricorn hat. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think.
Okay, so now we take this last strip of leather and essentially use it to create a sort of facing on the inside of the dome while we attach the dome to the brim. So I'm going to start by connecting the two ends of this strip just like a cross stitch like I did with the wavy dome piece. And then insert this circle on the inside of the dome, leather facing the inside, so that it can be what is touching my head. And that's the last step. Finishing with a couching stitch. It might be a little floppy, but I think this will be good enough. I think this will get us to where we need to go. Let's get to stitching.
I mean, not bad. I am pretty happy with how this turned out. I was definitely

Опубликовано:

30 июн 2024

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 4   
@user-vp7dj7ef1g
@user-vp7dj7ef1g 2 месяца назад
That looks awesome Hannah! The pop of blue works well and I'm so glad we could help by making styling suggestions for you that you loved. Best wishes for your event.
@nonbinarybard
@nonbinarybard 2 месяца назад
that's a proper fancy hat! i love how the colour of the hat goes with the blue sash around the waist
@commasplyce
@commasplyce Месяц назад
Cats are so helpful when sewing! 😄
@clafoutea
@clafoutea Месяц назад
Oh wow, that was quite a bit of hand stitching. I think it turned out very nice though especially with the embellishments. I wonder if a third layer/scraps of leather or thin cardboard inside of the rim would have helped with structure?
Далее
Pirate Tricorn Hat DIY - Tutorial and PDF Pattern
19:31
HUMAN BASKETBALL! 👀🏀🤣 | Triple Charm #Shorts
00:15
HOW MAKE CRAZY SKULL LEATHER HAT
11:41
Просмотров 4,9 тыс.
Felt Hat Burning Process - Start to Finish
7:49
Просмотров 27 тыс.
DIY Pirate Hat- Tutorial and Pattern Download