Тёмный

Fixed: Coleman Model 16 heater with a stiff generator valve 

GasUnderPressure
Подписаться 1,3 тыс.
Просмотров 366
50% 1

This is a heater we got running before, but the generator valve has always been hard to turn, and I've finally gotten tired of it. After doing some online research and finding out that it uses a standard graphite packing, we set about changing it out and hoping for one handed operation!

Опубликовано:

6 окт 2024

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 4   
@justinchampion5468
@justinchampion5468 Год назад
Thanks for the informative, instructional video. I own several unrestored coleman stoves (426D, 425E and several others) and a couple of catalytic heaters too. I like modern tech too, but I'm fascinated by old white-gas and kero appliances and your channel is one of the few I've found that talks about the more technical side of things. - I'm also on the coleman collectors forum, but unfortunately there isn't any local club out here (Eastern Oregon, near La Grande). Thanks for the gas-gen / packing repair video!
@gasunderpressure9131
@gasunderpressure9131 Год назад
Yeah, the pressurized gas stuff has always held a special attraction for me. They're honestly pretty easy to maintain/repair and keep them going. Hopefully the info here gives folks the confidence they need to bring their GPAs back to life.
@12345678989814
@12345678989814 Год назад
Yeah you're lucky with that little hater LOL working on the number five generator is a nightmare seem to be more complicated they have an inner and then an outer tube and it's just weird they also seem to stop up easier and her nearly impossible to get the carbon out of them I liked the design of the number 16 because of believe you could probably run kerosene in there if you preheated The general maybe I'll find one that I can convert order that runs on kerosene because Coleman fuel is getting absolutely ridiculous
@gasunderpressure9131
@gasunderpressure9131 Год назад
The model 5 has a "safety generator" that only lets fuel out once it's up to temperature. They were supposed to be sent back to the factory to rebuild, and usually when disassembled, they never really work right again. Hope you had good luck with yours! I run ethanol free gasoline in mine because the generator design is so simple. It's easy to take out and clean out with a .338 lapua bore brush. You're right, Coleman fuel is terribly expensive, and Kerosene isn't far behind. I saw $14/gal for CF, $11/gal for kerosene just recently.
Далее
On the bench: Zinc Plating
20:42
Просмотров 276
We convert 16 chainsaws into an engine for a car
11:50
Просмотров 148 тыс.
Making a Heated Seat
12:09
Просмотров 13 млн
Making an atomic trampoline
58:01