Тёмный

KWVR The (Wintry) Steam Gala 2023 

cedarcam
Подписаться 2,2 тыс.
Просмотров 1,5 тыс.
50% 1

A sudden change in the weather brought travel chaos and disruption Mean while the volunteers running the Worth Valley line with their steam locomotives showed how it was done running an intensive schedule with little delay. The second day was bright and clear and a very enjoyable day riding on the trains with good views of the snow covered landscape. The 3rd day although not as bright was warmer and remained fine until late afternoon. On this day the trains got very busy it was good to see people were not put off going with the predicted poor weather for later in the day.
CTV Productions under the name of cedarcam have set the privacy settings of this channel to public CTV have no control over who views the content of this video. The video may contain images sound and text not suitable for kids. Viewer discretion is advised. CTV has taken reasonable care to abide by community guidelines as set out by RU-vid in the making and uploading of this video. CTV reserve the right to alter or amend the images, sound track and text content of this video at any time. CTV are not responsible for any comments, remarks or images posted and contained within the comments section of the viewing page. Viewer discretion is advised. CTV have the right to pin, remove or report any comments posted in the comments section or hide the user from the channel. CTV has made every effort to comply with the FTC COPPA regulations 1998. Some of these videos may contain advertisements before during and after them, these have been placed by youtube, CTV does not earn any revenue from advertising. CTV would like to thank all viewers for watching and those responding to this video in the comments

Опубликовано:

15 окт 2024

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 16   
@MCW.Photography
@MCW.Photography Год назад
Cracking video 👍 was a good gala 👍
@cedarcam
@cedarcam Год назад
Thank you MCW It really made it better with the snow and cold air
@JoshHodginsTrains
@JoshHodginsTrains 4 месяца назад
It looks stunning in the snow
@axldelticwalton1238
@axldelticwalton1238 Год назад
Brilliantly shot. Great day out for me too and the weather didn't put anyone off. In fact i really enjoyed the fact we had a snowy gala made a nice change.
@cedarcam
@cedarcam Год назад
Thanks axl and good video of the crane so thanks for taking that. I was pleased to see so many not put off going and really enjoyed steam in the snow, a lot better than todays rain
@schoolshorts
@schoolshorts Год назад
Not easy filming in those conditions - but very atmospheric with clouds of steam, steamed-up windows, a snowed-up turntable (must have been rather slippery underfoot when hauling those locos round) - and I just loved the old Lancs and Yorks carriages. Fewer adhesion problems than I would have anticipated in those conditions given the fierce gradients and tight turns along the route. Oh - and hand-drawn real ale!!! Haven't ridden the Worth Valley for many years - must get back there again.
@cedarcam
@cedarcam Год назад
I was unsure about going on Thursday with snow forecast to get worse through the day, but glad I did, the conditions were good for steam vapour leaking out everywhere. A better day on Friday with sun and no snow falling, it started out very icy and I was thinking the same when they were stopping the turntable turning but no one slipped when I was watching. the old L&Y carriages are beautifully restored and we were lucky to get seats in them at no extra charge because the train was so full on that trip they let people in those as well. It quite often gets slippery on the gradient out of Keighley so I was rather surprised all the trains I was on had no trouble. I bet Flying Scotsman in May is not as sure footed on that section. The man in orange was my checker and retired recently. He was enjoying a few pints after a very early start clearing the points of snow and the platforms all credit to him and the others who were out keeping things moving
@pk-yq1fx
@pk-yq1fx Год назад
Have just finished watching your video. Coupled with Mal's video which had posted an hour earlier it was a real treat for us here in the states. Enjoyed it very much. Interesting note, we just had our first measurable snow of 2023 in our neck of the woods here in Ohio. Coincidence?? Cheers mate!
@cedarcam
@cedarcam Год назад
Glad you enjoyed it pk Certainly the best gala I have been to there so far, the cold and snow caused some lovely atmosphere. I got talking to a retired Amtrak diver at Keighley, he loves our trains and said they are a lot more interesting than the ones there. He is over here for a month.
@44662dc
@44662dc Год назад
Super video mate though I did pity the crew of the L & Y on the Fri/Sat . Not a storm sheet in site over the cab Hardy Yorkshiremen eh Col.
@cedarcam
@cedarcam Год назад
Thank you Denis. I said to someone they were caked in snow as their train passed mine. They replied they must not use a sheet for the fun of it. I did not even get off the train on my first trip it was snowing so much at Oxenhope. The volunteers did a great job of running trains unlike BR on Friday when I was stuck at Shipley around an hour after being told to change there because no trains could get to Bradford from Leeds
@atlantaman
@atlantaman Год назад
Comprehensive coverage of the gala. That looks like me at about 13:14 at the end of Haworth platform. If so, the train was being hauled by 52022.
@cedarcam
@cedarcam Год назад
Thank you Atlanta Man. It could of been you but that train was hauled by 44871. I do like to get some of the operation of railways as well as the trains running
@atlantaman
@atlantaman Год назад
@@cedarcam Definitely not me, then. Thanks for clarifying. 👍
@yorkshirepud638
@yorkshirepud638 Год назад
Hi cedar great video got there sat afternoon got the 15.25 to oxenhope from keighley with 44871 and45407 absolutely brilliant
@cedarcam
@cedarcam Год назад
Thank you yorkshirepud Axl and I got to Haworth around that time for the 15:40 shed tour. It was a great weekend, they ran their trains better than BR did
Далее
КТО БОИТСЯ КЛОУНОВ?? #shorts
00:20
Просмотров 575 тыс.
Fowler Heavy Haulage
26:30
Просмотров 5 тыс.
KWVR Steam Gala Oct 5th
11:52
Просмотров 107
The Railway's Darkest Hour - Railtrack (Reworked)
19:00
Haworth 1940s Weekend - Saturday 17th May
25:12
Просмотров 46 тыс.
Keighley Worth Valley Railway Spring Steam Gala 2023
2:04:08