Тёмный

Creating a Slicer Pop Out Window with Bookmark Buttons in Power BI 

Havens Consulting
Подписаться 30 тыс.
Просмотров 94 тыс.
50% 1

Learn how to leverage bookmark buttons and a bit of design magic to create a fully customized bookmark pop-out window.
VIDEO CHAPTERS 🎥
0:00 - Start of Video
0:06 - Content Intro
2:03 - Creating the Popup Pane
4:27 - Selection Pane Discussion
6:18 - Bookmark Pane Discussion
7:55 - Completed Bookmarks
RELATED LINKS 🔗
rollingaverage.com/ui-how-to-...
LET'S CONNECT! 🧑🏽‍🤝‍🧑🏽 🌟
-- / havensbi
-- / reidhavens
-- / havensconsulting
HAVENS CONSULTING PAGES 📄
Home Page - www.havensconsulting.net
Blog - www.havensconsulting.net/blog-...
Blog Files - www.havensconsulting.net/blog-...
Files & Templates - www.havensconsulting.net/files...
Consulting Services - www.havensconsulting.net/consu...
Contact & Support - www.havensconsulting.net/conta...
EMAIL US AT 📧
info@havensconsulting.net
#PowerBI #PBI #microsoftpowerbi #HavensConsulting #powerplatform #microsoft #businessintelligence #datascience #office #data #digitaltransformation #dataanalytics #tableau #excel #powerapps #datavisualization #dashboard #sharepoint #python #bi #analytics #cloud #azure #bigdata #sqlserver #software #sql #dynamics #dataanalysis #yammer #microsoftpowerbi #onedrive #machinelearning #bhfyp #powerbidesktop

Наука

Опубликовано:

29 июл 2024

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 102   
@modsavant
@modsavant 2 года назад
I had to watch this video 5 times but eventually I got it all figured out. Thank you for compacting so much great information into 10 minutes, really appreciated! I learned a lot about the Selection and Bookmark panes. They are way more important than I gave them credit for before watching this video. My report design has moved up a league after implementing all of this 'wizardry'!
@dashdevpro
@dashdevpro 4 года назад
Thanks for this amazing tutorial. Was struggling to find it and voila, your video shows up. Even Guy In A Cube's vide on search results talked about Page Toggle Button and not selection Pane magic in conjunction with Bookmark pane
@srinivasreddysingireddy536
@srinivasreddysingireddy536 5 лет назад
Reid, am eagerly waiting for Tuesday's so that some interesting tips can be fallen in my inbox...Thank you very much....!!! :)
@havenscr
@havenscr 5 лет назад
Glad to hear it!
@matenja_repulsar
@matenja_repulsar 4 года назад
Thank you for your useful videos!!
@lalithprasad993
@lalithprasad993 3 года назад
Very very cool, helped me a lot. thank you so much
@mitchellcauthron361
@mitchellcauthron361 3 года назад
Nice work. I'll be using this concept going forward.
@amartaykumarshrivastava701
@amartaykumarshrivastava701 Год назад
This 10 min content is equivalent to 1 hour learning! Thanks Reid
@HavensConsulting
@HavensConsulting Год назад
Glad you think so!
@nicorohland
@nicorohland 3 года назад
Hi! Really helpful step by step Thanks!
@oluizfernandes
@oluizfernandes 5 лет назад
Thanks for the vídeo. I was searching for it!
@havenscr
@havenscr 5 лет назад
Glad to help!
@izzatarif9686
@izzatarif9686 2 года назад
Nice one on full page hide filter. Will add to mine.
@praveenkumarneeli9948
@praveenkumarneeli9948 4 года назад
Awesome Videos.I loved it
@itechanalyticsolutions
@itechanalyticsolutions 4 года назад
Amazing job
@nhattruong7651
@nhattruong7651 4 года назад
Thank you for sharing all the tips you use in detail. I learn a lot from this tutorial. What you did definitely bring bookmarks to the next level!
@havenscr
@havenscr 4 года назад
You’re very welcome 🙂
@junaidmalik9593
@junaidmalik9593 4 года назад
Man you are great. I just dont have words to thank you. Just 1 request. If you can make a intresting dashboard from scratch, that includes all tricks like button, bookmarks etc etc . That would be awesome.
@havenscr
@havenscr 4 года назад
Noted! Something like that might be longer than I can do for one video now. But I’ve added it to the list!
@sadyaz64
@sadyaz64 5 лет назад
Magic trick
@DynamicSphinx
@DynamicSphinx 4 года назад
Hi, thanks for this tutorial! Is there a way to have this filter pane "floating" so that it's still accessible after scrolling down a long dashboard? Thank you!
@havenscr
@havenscr 4 года назад
Hi there, Power BI report pages typically don't scroll. I assume you're using a custom resolution for this? Personally I've preferred to do development across multiple pages with drill through rather than needing to make a large super page with too many visuals. Because of this I haven't explored how this pop out window would behave on custom resolution report pages.
@efthimiosspiridopoulos9531
@efthimiosspiridopoulos9531 4 года назад
Great insights, thank you! How easy is it to 'duplicate' the Slicer Pop Out Window in other report pages? Is copying all items and re-building it -as you said- the only way?
@HavensConsulting
@HavensConsulting 4 года назад
Thanks for watching! You can either duplicate the page, or you can use the group feature to group all the objects first, then to copy/paste the group itself
@virajphadnis
@virajphadnis 2 года назад
Nice and clean information as always. I would like to know if the filter pane could be used on multiple pages using only one bookmark so that I dont have to create multiple bookmarks for every page. Thanks
@HavensConsulting
@HavensConsulting 2 года назад
Unfortunately no, bookmarks are anchored to one page at a time.
@neetham4035
@neetham4035 3 года назад
Thanks for the amazing tutorial but I want to know how can we save the filters selection using the bookmarks could you please let me know. Thank You
@HavensConsulting
@HavensConsulting 3 года назад
So any filters applied (slicers, filters pane, etc.) are captured when you create or update a bookmark. As long as your "data" capture state is enabled. Then activating that bookmark will bring your page back to those filter state. More info can be found here. docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks
@tomaszledzki7747
@tomaszledzki7747 3 года назад
Brilliant. One thing if I may, please go slower :) Serisouly, it's amazing what you've done here. I was trying to find a way to put a drop down slicer that would use bookmarks and couldn't figure it out. At the same time I didn't want 10 buttons on top or side of my home page. I can now (thanks to you) create a pop up pane and put buttons on it to navigate to bookmarks. Many thanks
@HavensConsulting
Glad you liked the video! I'm a naturally energetic speaker but RU-vid does give granular control over the speed of the video. You can adjust the video speed by increments of 5% in the speed setting contained in the gear icon in the lower right of the video. :)
@zakirhossain1051
@zakirhossain1051 4 года назад
DUDE! YOU ARE SIMPLY BLOODY AWESOME! LOVE YOUR WORK! this video is a game-changer and many thanks for sharing your secrete... QUESTION, if I insert a text box and type "Click here", is it possible to change the direction of the text from left to right TO top to bottom or bottom to top?
@HavensConsulting
Good question! unfortunately you can’t change the direction of the text. Only the alignment. unless you used an image of each direction of text
@KLMCats
@KLMCats 5 лет назад
Great video. Blog page says there is a download file available, but blog files page has nothing for 5/14/2019
@havenscr
@havenscr 5 лет назад
Hi there. Apologies I had left that up by accident. Was originally going to provide a file. But it would have been to close to a file I have on my templates page that I market
@jennusi8317
@jennusi8317 Год назад
Hi, thanks for sharing. I got this to work however when I try to export to PDF whilst the filter is "hidden" it does not print out the values with the applied filters...
@HavensConsulting
Hi Jenn, that's correct. Print to PDF will only export objects that are unhidden at the time of export
@mitchellcauthron361
@mitchellcauthron361 3 года назад
If applying this filter menu to multiple pages in a report, do you have to use a separate bookmark for each page to hide/unhide the menu? As it the book mark seems to always point to 1 defined page, so appears you would have to have a unique set of bookmarks for each page of the report, one to unhide and one to hide specific for each report page. Ideally it would be neat to have the menu operate a bit more globally, simply hiding/showing regardless of the current page. Do you know how this might be accomplished?
@HavensConsulting
Unfortunately yes you'd need a bookmark for each page to hide and unhide these objects.
@hemanadezhdank401
@hemanadezhdank401 2 года назад
Nice video, It is all in one. Is it possible to have one bookmark and apply as an button which makes the slicers applied altogether to the visuals>
@HavensConsulting
Absolutely, you can configure a bookmark to sync slicer selections together. It's captures in the bookmarks filter section.
@sunilnallagonda1389
@sunilnallagonda1389 4 года назад
Can we calculate difference between two tasks "task text" column. One tasktext will referred as released date and other will be considered as Closed date. Need to calculate difference between release date and close date based on selection of two tasks in the same slicer.
@HavensConsulting
Hi Sunil, I'd recommend using the DATEDIFF() function in DAX to get a date difference between two dates. You can use this in a calculated column or a calculated measure. If you need other info feel free to email me at info@havensconsulting.net
@ecrstylerd3587
@ecrstylerd3587 2 года назад
Great video! i have a question about how we can apply or execute the slicers filter after I press a button? what I want to do is prevent the update before all the slicers was modified, I dont want to refresh in every filter, only went i complete all the selections.
@HavensConsulting
Great question! You can add an apply button for slicers :) www.datapears.com/post/power-bi-query-reduction-add-an-apply-all-filters-button-to-your-report
@PLBL
@PLBL 4 года назад
Is it possible to create a "Clear Slicers" button that clears some slicers and not others? For example, if I don't want to change my date selection but I want to reset all other slicers on the page.
@HavensConsulting
Hi there, certainly! When you create the bookmark, only select the visuals you want to "clear" in the selection pane, create bookmark, and make sure the "selected visuals" is chosen in the bookmark setting
@user-qt9cz2kp6w
@user-qt9cz2kp6w 8 месяцев назад
Four years and it's till great!! Just one doubt; How did you make the "between" date filter have vertical lines at the ends, instead of the standard circles at the ends?
@HavensConsulting
@HavensConsulting 8 месяцев назад
Great question. Turn off responsive under the visual properties for that change. :)
@curiousmind9825
@curiousmind9825 4 года назад
Thanks for your all great tutorial. Have you upload any video for paging. Which you told here paging for next video. If you done that please link me here or try to upload please.
@HavensConsulting
I don't specifically have a video on this. However I'd suggest reading up on the documentation where the bookmark captures the "current page" selection. This is what allows a bookmark button to navigate between pages. docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks
@Sophia-nb3gt
@Sophia-nb3gt 3 года назад
Thanks for this great videos. however, I have one question please. When I hide the slicer panel, it will clear all the slicers. I want to apply and filters slicers and then hide the slicer panel, but without clear all the filters on slicers until I click the clear button. Thanks.
@HavensConsulting
Good question. This bookmark should only be configured to set the "display" state. There's three capture states for bookmarks: data, display, page. This pop out bookmark should have data and page disabled. That way it won't reset any filter selection. More info can be found in the Microsoft Bookmarks documentation. docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks
@Sophia-nb3gt
@Sophia-nb3gt 3 года назад
@@HavensConsulting Thanks so much for your quickly reply. You saved my day. It is fixed now, I disabled data.
@HavensConsulting
@@Sophia-nb3gt happy to help :)
@akhilvenu6381
@akhilvenu6381 3 года назад
Hi, will it affect the performance of the dashboard??
@HavensConsulting
Depends on how many visuals you use. The more visuals you have on the page will affect performance. If performance is a concern though you can rely instead on the built-in filter pane.
@rajkaran0805
@rajkaran0805 2 года назад
Hi Reid, thanks love what you do... Just a small question... I like the right top visual .... Whats the name of that visual
@HavensConsulting
Ribbon Chart docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-ribbon-charts 😊
@nabarunmajumdar7197
@nabarunmajumdar7197 3 года назад
It's a great video, but if u do not mind, can a more step by step video be made (for amateur/beginners like me) for the above case. TIA :)
@HavensConsulting
I've started to move away from this as a recommended practice since the integrated filters pane actually performs faster and is easier to setup. :)
@cydia007
@cydia007 3 года назад
@@HavensConsulting Could you please elaborate a bit how the new way works? Or where the new practice video locates if there is already? Appreciate!
@HavensConsulting
Sure, here's the Microsoft documentation explaining how the filters pane works. docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-report-filter
@cydia007
@cydia007 3 года назад
@@HavensConsulting Oh, wait, this is for filter, not slicer actually...
@carolynmattingly3440
@carolynmattingly3440 4 года назад
IAre you able to group buttons, please? From you popout you have the back, select filters and reset buttons at the top of the popout. I've beent trying to group these buttons together with the blank button but have been unsuccessful. TIA. Carrie
@HavensConsulting
You can certainly add buttons to a group. I chose not to, that way I only have one set of buttons that stay on the page regardless if the pop out pane is opened or closed. I could have had buttons inside of the group to become invisible if desired as well.
@ramchand4682
@ramchand4682 3 года назад
I like the button idea but I don't like filter panel over lapping on chart whenever open filter option. Can you please create hide an open filter panel without overlapping on charts
@HavensConsulting
The easiest solution for this would be to use the built in Filter Pane on the right side, if you don't want it overlapping charts. Both have pros and cons to use. :)
@user-ll2sn8kp8w
@user-ll2sn8kp8w 4 года назад
Cant work with a bookmark. I have 2 bookmark, when I want to hide some visuals on 2nd bookmark, my 1st bookmark too hides that visuals. Two bookmarks works same, both hide and both shows. What to do?
@HavensConsulting
Hi there, so you need to make sure to set the toggle selection correctly before creating each bookmark. Also it would probably help to use selected visuals rather than all visuals as a bookmark setting. More info can be found here docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks
@gloom_slug
@gloom_slug 4 года назад
Click update in bookmark options without selecting the bookmark itself.
@reggierevello21
@reggierevello21 4 года назад
Hi! awesome video!!! what is the size of the page you are using on this video? Thanks!!!
@havenscr
@havenscr 4 года назад
Thanks for watching! It's just the default 16:9 aspect ratio size
@reggierevello21
@reggierevello21 4 года назад
@@havenscr Thanks! so much information in just one place!
@vinnavanarul2503
@vinnavanarul2503 4 года назад
How to make the slicer as a drop down menu? Pls help
@HavensConsulting
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. If you search for your question "How to make the slicer as a drop down menu in Power BI" on Google, the top result will take you to this site that explains how to do that. Hope this helps www.blog.innovativearchitects.com/microsoft-business-solutions/power-bi-slicer-dropdown.htm
@brandonm2099
@brandonm2099 Год назад
What is the chat bubble at bottom left?
@HavensConsulting
It's the native Donut Chart :)
@mikelawson6619
@mikelawson6619 2 года назад
could i request a video showing how to use QR codes to call a specific report page with a specific set of filters applied ?
@sandeepchauhan7742
@sandeepchauhan7742 Год назад
Hi, when we click on shape which is under slicers, the slicers go away and we need to press esc key in keyboard to get the slicers back. What is the solution to stop this behaviour? Pls reply. Thanks in advance.
@HavensConsulting
You'd want to use the "maintain layer order" feature to keep that in the background :)
@deepsharma78912
@deepsharma78912 3 года назад
I request u to plz share the pbix file for practice
@HavensConsulting
Hi there. As mentioned in some other comments. I was originally going to provide a file. But it would have been to close to a file I have on my templates page that I market .
@akshayachandrasekar8285
@akshayachandrasekar8285 3 года назад
Hi, are you using a blank button to create that opaque transparency for the visuals while clicking the slicer window?
@HavensConsulting
at 5:23 in the video I discuss the opaque transparency button I use as the slicer background when open. :)
@akshayachandrasekar8285
@@HavensConsulting ya can you tell me what do you mean by slicer background?
@akshayachandrasekar8285
@@HavensConsulting what is the opaque transparency button?
@HavensConsulting
@@akshayachandrasekar8285 not sure I follow? It's just a button with the background grey color set to a partial transparency.
@akshayachandrasekar8285
@@HavensConsulting ya so it's a blank button right set behind the slicer window with a partial transparency?
@Shaun1810
@Shaun1810 3 года назад
Can u share the pbix workbook
@HavensConsulting
Just a tutorial for this video, since this particular file wasn't made available for download since it's part of a file template I have to purchase in my files store. :)
@Shaun1810
@Shaun1810 3 года назад
@@HavensConsulting I want to understand through workbook if u can share sample workbook with sample data so that I can understand to implement things will be gr8..
@sridivyac3911
@sridivyac3911 4 года назад
Heyy is there a video of you doing that from scratch.. explaining in detail ... instead of this which just shows how u did that.. pls
@HavensConsulting
Hi there, there is not sadly. All the primary concepts of what is needed is covered in this video. I kept it shorter so viewers wouldn't have to watch the same actions being done over much longer video.
@clodola1
@clodola1 2 года назад
Hi Did you come across issues trying to export these reports to PDF/Powerpoint after implementing Slicer Pop Out Window with Bookmark Buttons? Filtering via Slicer in PBI Service and clicking export with current values , the report still exports default values ignoring the Users Selection ,(export works fine in Desktop ) From what I can see , Microsoft released a bug fix back in 22nd Nov 2019; Repo: I make a change to the slicer , export to PDF using Current Values Outcome: I can replicate three scenarios 1) Default Values are still illustrated even though Current values where selected 2) First Page reflects the Current Values but the proceeding pages reflect the default values 3) Reports with one page only, export correctly with Current values This was working (Only difference was increase in User Traffic) , wondering is this something other devs are experiencing I am having to get users install PBI Desktop and download the file to avail of Export functionality
@HavensConsulting
That sounds like a bug. When you export to PDF/PowerPoint, the visuals should look and be filtered identically to what you see on the screen at the time of export. I'd consider using the help icon on the Power BI service to submit a support request and file the bug with Microsoft Support.
@jennusi8317
@jennusi8317 Год назад
Am encountering the same thing. Am using power bi PRO license.
@branzo79
@branzo79 2 года назад
As a person who is familiar with the Adobe suite and 'layering' in general, the finicky nature of this PBI bookmark 'on/off' approach is beyond frustrating.
@HavensConsulting
Bookmarks take some time to get used to but they're one of the most versatile and powerful features in Power BI. I'm still seeing amazing new and creative use cases for them even today. :)
Далее
Changing Font Size with Bookmark Buttons in Power BI
4:19
Create a Pop Out Slicer Window in Power BI
6:21
Просмотров 4 тыс.
Creating a Custom Filter Panel in Power BI
21:25
Просмотров 84 тыс.
5 Design Mistakes to Avoid in Power BI
11:35
Просмотров 79 тыс.