Тёмный

I MADE 200 Zombies for Warhammer Halloween 

EonsOfBattle
Подписаться 233 тыс.
Просмотров 79 тыс.
50% 1

The Duchess of Paradise and Circus Terrain 3D Models are up on Patreon!
/ eonsofbattle
Jay has a spooktacular time painting Zombies for upcoming games of Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40k. We have new videos every Monday, Wednesday and Friday! We're streaming Monday-Friday starting at 9PM CST!! JOIN USSSS! Thanks for watching!
We have a Patreon! Support us here and get more content!:
/ eonsofbattle
eonsofbattle.co/
Help Support the Show in Style! T-Shirts and Sweatshirts Available!
Buy two or more items and get free shipping!
Discord Server:
/ discord
Check Out Our Live Streams!:
• All Live Streams
EonsOfBattle Instagram:
/ eonsofbattle
EonsOfBattle Facebook Page:
/ eobfans
EonsOfBattle Reddit:
/ eonsofbattle
Twitter:
/ eonsofbattle
#warhammer40k #miniatures #gamesworkshop

Хобби

Опубликовано:

25 окт 2022

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 262   
@CreamAle
@CreamAle Год назад
for folks wanting to paint their own zombies, adding clumps of dirt on their body and clipping off limbs adds a nice touch.
@AcornPlays
@AcornPlays Год назад
"Now I know exactly how Tyranid players feel" really hit home for me
@r1ptidee
@r1ptidee Год назад
I think all of us Tyranid players have felt this one time or another. Also Tyranids were my first army and war gaming models I ever did and it was a nightmare but I look back on it now and I won’t trade it for anything.
@rickycatta5152
@rickycatta5152 Год назад
Not a Tyranid player but a skaven one... I feel ya
@faulerkaffee
@faulerkaffee Год назад
@@r1ptidee I understand this compleatly Tyranieds are were also my first army and I thought the best start would be to build and paint like 90 modlles and it was awesome (not only small units also some monsters)
@UnicornT1D
@UnicornT1D Год назад
I'm thinking of collecting a Tyranid army as my first wargaming army but holy cow the price and amount of modals is a deterrent. (Plus they don't look easy to paint.)
@AcornPlays
@AcornPlays Год назад
@@UnicornT1D Tyranids are some of the best value for money if you want models in a box. Use speed painting strategies on the cheap troops and then spend hours and hours on the giant monsters
@Web-man_
@Web-man_ Год назад
As someone who owns more than 200 boys I approve of this orktober challenge
@Maverickx99
@Maverickx99 Год назад
*orktober
@RiffSilverthe1andonly
@RiffSilverthe1andonly Год назад
Haha 300+ lasguns go brt
@doejon9424
@doejon9424 Год назад
The 'ol.. "Wiener in the Jelly jar" trickery. Classic
@piercethroughheart5700
@piercethroughheart5700 Год назад
Say Orktober😡
@Web-man_
@Web-man_ Год назад
@@piercethroughheart5700 fine it’s ork now is everyone happy
@Doodlebob563
@Doodlebob563 Год назад
EoB is consistently the hardest working miniature hobbyist out there and should be the biggest wargaming channel imo.
@avie9356
@avie9356 Год назад
This is so cool
@ejrees186
@ejrees186 Год назад
"This project took me eons... of battle" made me chuckle harder than it should of .
@ShallowVA
@ShallowVA Год назад
Aw man, I’ve always wanted to do this exact project. Good to see that it can indeed be done. Two HUNDRED zombies!
@chestersleezer8821
@chestersleezer8821 Год назад
Yup, 200 is a large number of Zombie but if you are running an Undead Army you need Skeletons as well along with those Zombies. So I would think 150 - 200 of each would make for the proper Undead Army along with a few other things.
@jordanz.908
@jordanz.908 Год назад
I REALLY respect this, I've struggled with building and painting a batch of 20 models before (Necron warriors) so doing 10 times as much at once is really impressive. And they turned out great!
@ragingmeatball9214
@ragingmeatball9214 Год назад
I have 150 Poxwalkers and its good to know I'm not the only one crazy enough to willingly paint that many zombies
@zombiedad
@zombiedad Год назад
Whoo! Zombies!
@Maverickx99
@Maverickx99 Год назад
2:50 I can’t help but think those zombies are wearing those Hawaiian tutu thingies
@kikolokopo_toys
@kikolokopo_toys Год назад
I like the wood middle finger in the background
@longhairedmoron
@longhairedmoron Год назад
5:46 “time for painting”
@Writh811
@Writh811 Год назад
A horde like that would make a for a fun game setup. Have a group of friends and each one gets to have one Guardsmen and arm them with anything from their data sheet (maybe make rules for Ammo and scatter melee options for players to find). Have them move through map with GSC style tokens that spawn hordes (game master sets them up and can hide them under scatter terrain to set traps). The objective, to prep and escape on an evac ship. Maybe throw in some side objectives like going to different parts of the board to "Open the hanger doors" "obtain fuel" etc..... Yeah I'm doing this, thanks for the Halloween idea!
@jherazob
@jherazob Год назад
OK, this was a great job! Not for this year of course, but if you wanna add some sci-fi flair to the horde, you can add a box of the Mantic Plague Zombies to the lot, and instantly make the horde feel more sci-fi, most are feral monsters but some are still wearing pieces of armor
@oscarl.7856
@oscarl.7856 Год назад
I really want to do this project but with skaven. You definitely inspired me to look into it again as I couldn’t fathom painting hundreds of rats before
@bldos5362
@bldos5362 Год назад
the dioramas at the end of the video were great. the new elements y'all are adding are great 👍 ie the aforementioned dioramas, the sofa etc
@edwardclay7551
@edwardclay7551 Год назад
I have 400 zombies and over 100 Skeletons. But I have wanted to get several hundred of the mantic Skeletons. This is good inspiration.
@1BigSpec
@1BigSpec Год назад
So much work but oh so satisfying in the end. 🎃
@hughwoodford
@hughwoodford Год назад
small tip when sanding that many minis - keep your airbrush nearby and give each model a good blast of high pressure air after sanding. Also giving up on the miliputting less than halfway through was hilariously predictable, you are a madman Jay!
@nathanielsmith6262
@nathanielsmith6262 Год назад
I think this number of zombies will sell the hoard idea perfectly on any board you play on. I can't imagine taking on a project this large without getting burnout but the final outcome is a hoard of models you can use in just about any setting.
@john-paulfuller-jackson1606
Hahaha nice reference to the yawn from Shaun of the Dead
@servantcross
@servantcross Год назад
Poxwalkers: Unliving corruptions of Nurgle, in a state of neither life nor death. Dunno man, sounds like they should count to me.
@makeshiftminis9090
@makeshiftminis9090 Год назад
That is a lot of plastic. Your zombie horde looks fantastic and it really sells why necromancers and outbreaks can be terrifying.
@joshsteffens2115
@joshsteffens2115 Год назад
As a tyranid player - yessss, join us in the suffering! However - I love that you kind of hit a 'critical mass' of models where half-assed painting ends up looking good in a sort of 'quantity is its own quality' way
@PocketUnv
@PocketUnv Год назад
This immediately made me think of the immaculate video game "I Maed A Gam3 W1th Z0mb1es 1n It!!!1". An impressive horde to be sure!
@Fofiddly
@Fofiddly Год назад
Wow that brings me back. Been a long time hahaha
@doomas7897
@doomas7897 Год назад
I’ve actually had a similar idea to this to bring the Scourge from Warcraft into 40K. Now imagine those 200 zombies, they can only move 3 inches per turn, and they are pretty weak and have poor stats but there’s 200 of them and they all have wrist mounted stormbolters. And in the back of the pack sits Arthas waiting to slay anyone who survives the relentless onslaught.
@stevie-c1471
@stevie-c1471 Год назад
"I turned them into 5 zombies on a stick" had me in stitches
@odharrison23
@odharrison23 Год назад
That’s awesome 200 zombies! That’s a marathon! They look great! Fantastic work as always gents! Thank you!
@nicholasbreecher9315
@nicholasbreecher9315 Год назад
That is STUNNING efficiency, impressive dedication.
@wazzdakka6495
@wazzdakka6495 Год назад
Cool
@NafePaints
@NafePaints Год назад
Seeing the horde at the end on those boards really gave a sense of the size!
@weekendminis
@weekendminis Год назад
I will (re) die on the hill of saying that Zombies Run is the best zombie story out there!
@nepetalejion5751
@nepetalejion5751 Год назад
This months white dwarf has a great set of rules for a left 4 dead style survival game for AoS! Its heroes under 7 wounds trying to find relics and escape before being taken by the horde
@JakeDogg-RIP
@JakeDogg-RIP Год назад
Zoombies is fun! 🥰🐶👌
@chestersleezer8821
@chestersleezer8821 Год назад
Jay I can feel for you since over the last two months I finally decided to get my many miniatures that were in boxes onto bases and now have around 800 Empire/Human, 320+ Dwarves & nearly 300 Elves put together and mounted on bases and movement trays and that is just Infantry and Support weapons still have the cavalry to do. I still have my Orks & Goblins about the same size army as my Empire/Humans and Undead (will have around 400 or so miniatures when done) armies to do. Lots of glue, bases and movement trays
@MartinODonnel
@MartinODonnel Год назад
I really appreciated the theme kicking in around 8:30. Honestly seems like you gave the vid an extra love, and this project was cool af to watch
@donc.7465
@donc.7465 Год назад
Last week I finished building, basing, and priming 50 Necron models to try and get them primed before the cold weather. I never want to do that again. From now on I think I'll take it one unit at a time like a sane person.
@kittytheoogle8662
@kittytheoogle8662 Год назад
As a dm who is running a home brew zombie apocalypse+ campaign I know this exact song and dance lol. I have collected zombies from many different war games, board games, model kits, etc but my favorite are definitely the ones I had the ability to kit bash
@griffglowen5555
@griffglowen5555 Год назад
Great vid. I’ve never seen oil washes removed with a paper towel immediately after application. Most people seem to wait 20 mins or so then use a cue tip dipped in mineral spirits
@ngoot9082
@ngoot9082 Год назад
I’m sure this will get lost in the comments but I have a trick for speed painting the rims black. I use a Sharpie or a permanent marker. It dries super fast and only takes 1 or 2 passes over the rim.
@scottatkinson666
@scottatkinson666 Год назад
When the Catachan plastic kit was first released I purchased them and painted them up and converted them (as best I could for a 12/13yr old on a budget) to look like the S.T.A.R.S Alpha and Bravo teams from the Resident Evil PS1 game. The plan was to purchase loads of the Fantasy zombies regiment and models to represent the other more exotic enemies from the franchise and create a survival scenario. Unfortunately never made it to the second phase. This video has rekindled that idea though with a slightly modified Kill Team rules set perhaps.
@florian79fg
@florian79fg Год назад
You,sir,are quite simply mad...on the other hand this gives me the strenght to finish my 15 model malifaux crew...thank you
@gearman237
@gearman237 Год назад
geez and I thought I was burnt out after finishing 40 necron warriors. amazing job, this makes me want to start on the 40 poxwalkers that I haven't even started building yet.
@shaneharper9975
@shaneharper9975 Год назад
Loving the new set Jay, zombies looking great too solid effort!! EOB has hit a new height in quality of RU-vid videos, I watch every single video you post and I just can’t get enough! Nick you are the editing king! Get back behind the camera tho I love the videos with you in it!
@alexandercrumulent271
@alexandercrumulent271 Год назад
Remember 8th edition Horde units? 50 man blocks looked great but took forever to finish painting.
@SunburntHands
@SunburntHands Год назад
Mantic make round bases with a circular depression that's designed to accommodate that circular platform the minis stand on. Perhaps they've discontinued the round ones.
@brionl4741
@brionl4741 Год назад
I think I have more than 100 Skaven hanging around that I should do something with some day.
@felipeopazo2662
@felipeopazo2662 Год назад
These bases are mostly for lamps, post and trolley wire which easily falls apart. I'll be honest ive got no idea i've collected trains for 13 years and didn't thought i'd be surprised today...
@Cziro_
@Cziro_ Год назад
Those train bases are for trees. You put a tree on a base and set it where you want :P
@Ashden96
@Ashden96 Год назад
my 5 clanrats that have been sitting halfway done for 2 weeks now on my painting desk: >__>
@petermartin9224
@petermartin9224 Год назад
Oh, Jay, you are a mad lad.
@euansmith3699
@euansmith3699 Год назад
Some movement trays might be needed for actual play 😄 That is a great looking horde.
@thetabletopsupershow3670
@thetabletopsupershow3670 Год назад
I have the same box of KOW Zombies. I have put a bunch together ( for AD&D) and I think I still have ten or so left to build! Lol. I assembled some of them as just the upper halves on the base making it appear that they are clawing their way up out of the loamy earth! That is a lot of models my dude, kudos!
@baladar8436
@baladar8436 Год назад
I made zombies from this box before. One thing I figured out is that you can increase number by box if go in for walking legs (sans a torso) and emerging from the ground torsos.
@davinci3259
@davinci3259 Год назад
The hand in the background says it all.
@deathdynasty1628
@deathdynasty1628 Год назад
"now i know how tyranid players feel" relatable
@LiliaArmoury
@LiliaArmoury Год назад
ah ideas many years in the making = the best kind of idea
@Shudokansam
@Shudokansam Год назад
Firefight 2e is a blast! Great stepping stone off Deadzone
@sprootown
@sprootown Год назад
What a horde!
@KillerOrca
@KillerOrca Год назад
Better hope those are Nurgle enhanced Plauge Zombies, cause if they're the normal Dawn of the Dead/World War Z ones that are just literally reanimated corpses, those three Space Marines at the end there are going to cut through them like a hot knife through butter. Or, well, an Ogryn in any mission on Darktide with their special up.
@Brisarious
@Brisarious Год назад
really puts into perspective the 200ish guardsmen I've been chipping away at for the past year and a half
@ratz9387
@ratz9387 Год назад
New couch looking beautiful
@AcrylicJumbo
@AcrylicJumbo Год назад
LOVE the way the video turned out, I really like the more dynamic style of those videos for theses types of projects. Music, variety of locations and very story driver, makes for entertaining content !
@CassyCat4
@CassyCat4 Год назад
66 units of 3 Zombies in Onepagerules Age of Fantasy skirmish is a 1320 point army, Would need some tiger balm for your biceps after pushing them around the table for a million hours though.
@asdfjoe123
@asdfjoe123 Год назад
I now feel like my 50-zombie Gaslands squish-fest was inadequate.
@Gumlass1
@Gumlass1 Год назад
They look so good.
@kuglefang
@kuglefang Год назад
how about giving each of them names. Just write a name on the rim that would make the horde a horde of individuals
@TimboMacDW
@TimboMacDW Год назад
Love this idea. The way they can play in any game makes it so tempting. 🤔
@RobSchweitzer
@RobSchweitzer Год назад
I mentally struggled just to finish 36 Termagants from the Tyranid Combat Patrol box. This looks like a nightmare! Came out wonderful though!
@kosachilles2504
@kosachilles2504 Год назад
This was great!!
@proicec7718
@proicec7718 Год назад
This gives me the motivation to do my unfinished models!
@grimmriffer
@grimmriffer Год назад
Dude, you are a monster. I think a zombie kill team should have 5 zombies in it, but their special ability "oh sh1! there's more!" means that every time a number comes up on any dice roll, another zombie enters the board.
@AndrewKolstad
@AndrewKolstad Год назад
" 3 down. 197 to go. " I would have had to quit. lol
@elzordack4589
@elzordack4589 Год назад
Congratulations, that's awesome!
@rowanoneil5266
@rowanoneil5266 Год назад
You honestly never disappoint mate, the attention to detail no matter the size of the project is next to none
@KrooTon
@KrooTon Год назад
You're a maniac, my man! Love it!
@fredrik241
@fredrik241 Год назад
Wow impressive feat! And they even look good after that miniscule time per model time schedule! Nice shots with them charging the marines I could have watched much more of that! Cudos!
@AdriWan
@AdriWan Год назад
Now you need a couple vampires to lead this Soulblight Gravelords army
@jamesshearer3936
@jamesshearer3936 Год назад
Great video! You are a monster! And as quickly as you went over everything, I still feel that I learned something about batch painting.
@Karmeeni
@Karmeeni Год назад
They look amazing! I love the diorama's at the end as well!
@ericsmith9212
@ericsmith9212 Год назад
The Mantic Zombies are great. I use them for my Soul Blight army.
@alexandrajones4518
@alexandrajones4518 Год назад
It would be cool if he picked out a few and added accessories to make them resemble Horror Movie villains.
@MarcinEstkowski
@MarcinEstkowski Год назад
Epic project. That's a horde!
@Gothead420
@Gothead420 Год назад
Building 110 gaunts atm, I feel ya...😅
@thomaswilliams5005
@thomaswilliams5005 Год назад
Looks good. I was going to print and paint a whole undead army this month. Got 30 skellies printed. The end of that project.
@Artecius92
@Artecius92 Год назад
This gives me flashbacks to when I and a friend built 800 clan rats for his clan rat hoard skaven army...
@TerryDenham
@TerryDenham Год назад
I love seeing the double-sided tape. I use the same technique when priming my models.
@yesmilord2350
@yesmilord2350 Год назад
This was really fun to watch. I do my armies in batches and the only part of it that ever feels grindy to me is mold line removal and sanding. I actually quite enjoy doing all other aspects in batches. So it was really fun to see you tackle a huge one like this.
@MrSmashySmash
@MrSmashySmash Год назад
Good lord that must have taken some dedication
@DavePottsAmI
@DavePottsAmI Год назад
Zombie hordes hitting tables for Halloween-themed tabletop games are just my favorite. :D
@brokenheroics8223
@brokenheroics8223 Год назад
That was an awesome spoopy related vid. The bases and that jade green color looked amazing.
@ZarMationStudios18
@ZarMationStudios18 Год назад
New subscriber, loving each video I find! I'm learning a lot of new hobby tricks I never would've ever thought of on my own just by tuning in for a little bit.
@TheThewhatnow
@TheThewhatnow Год назад
A few weeks ago I finished batchpainting 92 Deathwing Terminators, it almost killed the joy of hobby-painting for me, never again!!!
@geoffreyprecht2410
@geoffreyprecht2410 Год назад
Tyranid player here, can confirm this is how it feels!
@blakec1924
@blakec1924 Год назад
Fantastic stuff! Great job!
@barrycopithorne
@barrycopithorne Год назад
I love your channel! This project is crazy! You did an amazing job on all of them! Makes me learn how to speed paint. I really got to get those air brushes. They alone made your zombies stand out all individually with all the different colors in different angles. After you were done doing washes and dry brushing they all looked super cool! Happy Halloween and thank you for another great video!
@billysidness5907
@billysidness5907 Год назад
You mad lad, great job Jay!!
@ArcaneForge
@ArcaneForge Год назад
You should be so proud of yourself! This was so much work and they look amazing!!!
@brokeboi6079
@brokeboi6079 Год назад
God jay is cool
Далее
Turning Forge World 40k Ork Into MAD MAX
14:06
Просмотров 105 тыс.
Can I Paint 120 Warhammer Models in a DAY?!
17:38
Просмотров 172 тыс.
best way out of the labyrinth🌀🗝️🔝
00:17
Просмотров 1,4 млн
How I Will Win a Golden Demon with 3D Scanned Faces
13:00
Slap Chopping a Whole Army in ONE DAY!!!
16:00
Просмотров 144 тыс.
Quar: An Alternative To Warhammer
11:39
Просмотров 256 тыс.
A 40k Model From Games Workshop’s Fantasy Past!
18:00
Building a Warhammer Factory Powered by Blood
17:16
Просмотров 80 тыс.