Тёмный

Is the Powkiddy X55 for YOU? Unboxing & Review! 🎮 

Bo Knows Gaming
Подписаться 3,9 тыс.
Просмотров 20 тыс.
50% 1

Welcome to our Bo Knows Gaming! Today, we're diving into the world of retro gaming with the Powkiddy X55 handheld console. This powerful device brings back nostalgia with its ability to emulate games from over 40 different systems, offering a selection of over 10,000 classic games!
‼️ Get yours here! 🚨
Amazon: amzn.to/49Mj7Fr
Powkiddy: powkiddy.com/?... (Use Coupon Code "BKG" for 5% off)
With its bigger and brighter 5.5-inch IPS screen boasting a resolution of 1280x720, the Powkiddy X55 delivers stunning visuals and allows you to enjoy your favorite retro games with enhanced detail and clarity. Say goodbye to pixelation and hello to ultimate audio-visual enjoyment!
But that's not all - the X55 comes equipped with a customized professional system powered by the exclusive JELOS Linux platform. Its English default settings and Save Load features ensure that you never lose your progress again, providing you with an excellent gaming experience every time you play.
And let's talk about battery life - with its upgraded 4000mAh li-po battery, the Powkiddy X55 can keep you gaming for up to 3-4 hours on a single charge, allowing you to defeat more game bosses and embark on epic gaming adventures without interruption.
In this unboxing video, we'll take a closer look at what's included in the package:
1x Powkiddy X55 Console (Blue, 16GB+128GB)
1x USB-C Charge Cable
1x Screen Protector
1x Instruction Manual
Whether you're a retro gaming enthusiast or just looking to relive some childhood memories, the Powkiddy X55 is sure to impress! So sit back, relax, and join us as we unbox and review this amazing retro gaming handheld.
Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe for more gaming content!
#PowkiddyX55 #RetroGaming #Unboxing #Review #ClassicGames #GamingConsole #Powkiddy #GamingCommunity #X55 #JelOS
------------------------------------------------------
Like the look? Check out my gear!
Microphone: amzn.to/3Zg7MYv
Lights: amzn.to/3KvrM5q
Camera: amzn.to/41qo4Ab

Опубликовано:

5 окт 2024

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 128   
@BoKnowsGaming
@BoKnowsGaming 7 месяцев назад
Thanks for watching! ‼Get your X55 here! 🚨 Amazon: amzn.to/49Mj7Fr Powkiddy: powkiddy.com/?ref=er4mkt2e (Use Coupon Code "BKG" for 5% off)
@digitizer3627
@digitizer3627 6 месяцев назад
The fix for the charge issue is simple. Keep playing till the battery dies then charge it again. That should calibrate the battery issue.
@BoKnowsGaming
@BoKnowsGaming 6 месяцев назад
Cool. Thanks for letting us know!
@TheRetroJester81
@TheRetroJester81 5 месяцев назад
That doesn't work I tried that before. And also I took the battery out and replaced it with a new one did not work either it is jelos. I wish they would go with a different os or make a good one like ambernic rg35 xx plus or h stock . Those stock options are the best beats any cfw. Wish powkiddy would quit being lazy.
@digitizer3627
@digitizer3627 5 месяцев назад
@@TheRetroJester81 strange. It worked for mine.
@alaaal4936
@alaaal4936 3 месяца назад
@@TheRetroJester81 The only way to solve this issue is to install Rocknix instead of Jelos
@mr_radikal007
@mr_radikal007 23 дня назад
My black Powkiddy X55 256gb arrives today! Can't wait 🎉I'm 43 and fed up and dissapointed at this last gen of gaming to the point I sold ALL my consoles and handhelds. Triggered when stumbling across an old GamesWorld and GamesMaster vid on RU-vid - sent me back to the time when gaming was fun, friendships were made shoulder to shoulder in front of a tv, innocence, happier times. It all began with my first handheld back in 1989, the og Game Boy! Fall circle now with this X55 all in one compact device to relive the 90's and when life was less stressful, emotional and happy 🎉🎉🎉🎉
@BoKnowsGaming
@BoKnowsGaming 22 дня назад
Thank you for sharing your journey with us! I totally understand what you're saying. It’s incredible how gaming has created such lasting memories and friendships. I hope the X55 brings you all the joy and nostalgia you’re looking for!
@mr_radikal007
@mr_radikal007 22 дня назад
@BoKnowsGaming It certainly has! Epic, overwhelming and how on earth they fit all that on there is ridiculous 😳 👍🏼⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️🎉🎉🎉
@mr_radikal007
@BoKnowsGaming Man I looooooove this thing
@BoKnowsGaming
@BoKnowsGaming 22 дня назад
@@mr_radikal007 it’s true. If we had told our 7 year old selves this would be possible one day for $100, we wouldn’t have believed it. Haha.
@mr_radikal007
@@BoKnowsGaming Agreed!!
@pleasuretokill
@pleasuretokill 6 месяцев назад
I paid $120 for mine last year when the MSRP was still $100. Mine came with a 256GB card loaded with 1000s and 1000s of Roms. Its my fave handheld. Ive put tons of hours on it. The screen is beautiful also. Perfect for everything from Atari 2600 to PS1 and Gameboy to NDS and MAME. DC and PSP have games that work well and some that dont.
@BoKnowsGaming
Sounds like you've been getting your money's worth! Who needs sleep when you have all those games to play, right? Great assessment. Play on, friend.
@moulaye7534
@moulaye7534 4 месяца назад
But no Mario. :(
@pleasuretokill
@pleasuretokill 4 месяца назад
@@moulaye7534 luckily, I had 95% of the Mario roms for all systems already on my computer, so I just popped them onto the HD :)
@luiscampos2789
@luiscampos2789 6 месяцев назад
Got 2 of them, 1 never worked, the second did, this is a perfect device for people with big hands than don’t wan’t to play small form games like gba, this is your Dreamcast,psp,arcade console. There is a mod for the triggers and I am also writhing for a battery mod, this will replace the 4000ma with a 8000 ^_^ I’m exited to see the results!
@BoKnowsGaming
Good points. Let me know how that battery mod goes! I'm curious!
@corwin5653
@corwin5653 6 месяцев назад
I got my x55 a week ago and I am loving it so far. It’s my first retro handheld so I have a learning curve when it comes to putting romanonnit. But very happy with it so far.
@BoKnowsGaming
Sounds like you're having a blast with your X55! Keep gaming and enjoying the retro feels! Thanks for watching!
@fivetenfinn2405
@fivetenfinn2405 3 месяца назад
I just got the x55 two weeks ago, have to agree with you on the triggers. My R1 tends to stick when pressed from the top, so that can cause issues when coming out of sleep mode, for example. Also, using the current version of ROCKNIX 20240612 (now there is a 20240702), when I shutdown the device and turn it on, it then takes about 3 minutes to boot, as if it's being setup for the first boot, then when it loads, none of the games are detected on TF2. I end up having to reboot 2 more times before it will detect the TF2 card and display the games. I replaced both TF cards with 32GB TF1 and 128GB TF2 OE SanDisk cards (not fake) and the performance improved, but the rebooting multiple x's is a little frustrating. I guess I should not shut the console down fully, and I noticed an error regarding storage when shutting down which is probably something to do with persisting the filesystem. Anyway, i'm going to try to update online to 20240702 and see if it is better.
@ronch550
@ronch550 Месяц назад
I've had my X55 for almost a year now. I wanna keep this for a very long time. My only concern is the battery replacement. I hope it's not too complicated. Device makers should really make battery replacement simple, but i guess it makes technicians happy.
@BoKnowsGaming
@BoKnowsGaming Месяц назад
Battery replacement can be tricky on these devices. It would be great if it was easier. Hope you get it figured out!
@ronch550
@ronch550 Месяц назад
I noticed that when i charge this with the power on (even with the screen off), charging is so very slow. Turn it off then charge it, and it takes about 2 hours even with a 10w charger.
@BoKnowsGaming
Great tip! Thanks!
@Curryking32000
@Curryking32000 5 месяцев назад
Great video, I have had the same problem with my x55 and other Powkiddy handhelds regarding the charging issue and battery indicator. it seems to sort itself out after some time. I think i drained the battery, then charged it to fix it. Can't remember exactly. But the x55 is a really good handheld and quite powerful considering the price. The build is a bit cheap as the plastic creaks when you twist it and those horrible clicky buttons bot overall its good. Shame about Jelos, first i've heard about it. Was hoping that they were going to add new features such as bezel support. I guess that will never happen now.
@BoKnowsGaming
@BoKnowsGaming 5 месяцев назад
Thank you. Yes, if you drain the battery and then do a full charge it seems to help calibrate it. JELOS has ended, but it's already been forked, and the forked version should work on the X55 and receive updates at some point. For now it's basically the exact same except it's called "Rock Nix". Thanks for watching!
@Curryking32000
@Curryking32000 5 месяцев назад
@@BoKnowsGaming i'm curious as to why they did this, effectively stop work on and rename JELOS and then continue to develop it under a different name? did they get twitchy because of Nintendo and their continuing onslaught against emulation?
@BoKnowsGaming
@BoKnowsGaming 4 месяца назад
Yes. It happened a few weeks ago when Nintendo took down Yuzu. I'm not sure the same people are developing Rock Nix. JELOS was open source so I think another team just took it, renamed it, and is going to continue working on it.
@shanedigby
@shanedigby 5 месяцев назад
Jelos has been replaced by Rocknix. Will be interesting if it makes much difference to the performance of X55.
@BoKnowsGaming
Yes. It's a fork of JELOS. My understanding is that right now it's exactly the same except for the name change. But we'll see they bring improvements to it!
@DroidLocks6971
@DroidLocks6971 6 месяцев назад
...@BoKnowsGaming powkiddy didn't have permission with x55 but if you download updated version of jelos and insert sd card n2 x55 it's way faster loading jelos....
@BoKnowsGaming
That's exactly what I did. 🙂
@charlesbruneski9670
@charlesbruneski9670 5 месяцев назад
​@BoKnowsGaming Retro Games Corps did a review and said this preloaded version of jelos deliberately loaded slow on unauthorized devices, like the x55. He fixed it the same way.
@BlastToast8124
@BlastToast8124 6 месяцев назад
Nice! Now If Any Games from atlus are in this, then i will buy
@BoKnowsGaming
I can’t confirm that there are any Atlus games on here, but it can absolutely run many Atlus games, especially from the 80s, 90s, and early 2000’s. Games like the original Etrian Odyssey games, Shin Megami Tensei games, Double Dragon Advance, etc. Feel free to use my affiliate link in the description if you want. It helps keep the channel going. 🙂
@BlastToast8124
@BlastToast8124 6 месяцев назад
@@BoKnowsGaming Nice! Thanks! But what abt Persona Games?
@BoKnowsGaming
The first two Persona games released on PS1, so they would both be playable on here.
@DroidLocks6971
So far X55 is 1st retro handheld that hasnt gone haywire after hooking it up via hdmi
@BoKnowsGaming
Very good!
@buscargaming6384
@buscargaming6384 6 месяцев назад
Thanka. I'm just curious if Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars was on PS2 or not.
@BoKnowsGaming
No. It was on the PS3. And the X55 doesn't play PS2 or PS3 games. Thanks for watching!
@pascalschiele5233
@pascalschiele5233 6 месяцев назад
Are there some games already installed at the beginning? Tekken6?
@BoKnowsGaming
Yes. I don’t recall if Tekken 6 on the PSP was on there specifically, but it is a very popular one I’ve seen on a lot of these handheld devices. Great game!
@pascalschiele5233
@pascalschiele5233 6 месяцев назад
@@BoKnowsGaming Okay cool. Thx for your quick answer ✌🏼 Yes I like the game too.
@tommykrynock
@tommykrynock 7 месяцев назад
I can't believe you got a screen protector I had to order mine having a little trouble figuring out the Wi-Fi on this thing though any tips.
@BoKnowsGaming
I way! That’s nuts. It’s supposed to come with one. If you go to Network Settings and it’s not finding your router, set it up manually and just type in your router name and password exactly. Then it’ll find it from now on. Kind of strange, but it works.
@DroidLocks6971
....So far no issues with my X55 unlike all 3 of my RGB30 Handhelds .... The X55 Actually Connects To My PS4 BT Controller Unlike All 3 RGB30s I've Owned .... I'm Not Going Any Updates Or Altering ANYTHING Or Even Plugging It Into HDMI As My RG35XX H And My 3 RGB30s All Developed Issues Afterwards Which Makes Zero Sense At All ....
@robras2850
@robras2850 6 месяцев назад
I agree all my RG handhelds have been rubbish latest to stop working is my rg353v 🤦‍♂️ so I brought the RP4 pro can’t wait for a decent quality handheld to arrive. R36s is great for the money so far.
@BoKnowsGaming
Sorry you've had such a rough time with it all. Glad you're enjoying the X55 though!
@clausjahnel5379
@clausjahnel5379 Месяц назад
@DroidLocked The hdmi-in of your tv/projector could be faulty. If it leads current it could mess up devices you connect to it. 🤷
@dolaadebayo5665
@dolaadebayo5665 6 месяцев назад
What’s better this or the anbernic Arc S?
@BoKnowsGaming
I haven't tried the Arc, but I've looked at it online quite a bit. I would say the X55 is more versatile and has a larger catalog of games it can play. But if you're super in to retro Sega games and that's all you care about, I'd go with the Arc for that Sega form factor.
@beto22lv
@beto22lv 5 месяцев назад
Would you be able to show how to manually update to latest JELOS?
@BoKnowsGaming
So, since I'm a small channel and I purchase these devices out of pocket, once I do my reviews I have to sell most of them in order to afford the next one. I've already gotten rid of this one, so unfortunately I cannot do a video on manually updating JELOS on it. I'm so sorry. Thank you for your interest in the channel though. I hope you have a wonderful day.
@cookie913
@cookie913 2 месяца назад
i have a question.. i have the X55 model, and some of the games on it uses a mic, but i dont think a mic is built in the device.. or am i wrong? or is there a way to put a mic somehow?
@cookie913
@cookie913 2 месяца назад
for example nintendogs, you need a mic to call your dogs name and i cant
@BoKnowsGaming
@BoKnowsGaming 2 месяца назад
@@cookie913 You're not wrong. There is no mic built in, and as far as I know you can't connect one either. Games that require a mic might run, but they won't be technically playable.
@cookie913
@cookie913 Месяц назад
@@BoKnowsGaming oh I see now thank you for the info!!!
@BoKnowsGaming
@@cookie913 You're welcome!
@joeywilbur9182
@joeywilbur9182 2 месяца назад
So this and the RG35XX H are very similar, except size correct? Both have output which comes in handy! But I'm leaning towards XX H. Thoughts?
@BoKnowsGaming
They’re similar in terms of performance, yes. If portability is important for you, I’d go with the 35XX H, or maybe check out the 40XX H.
@Vipusee87
@Vipusee87 Месяц назад
Hey, question, I just got my powkiddy x55 and I turned it on but it just stay on powkiddy x55 on the screen and I don't see menu for games it just stay like that how I can set it up ? Thanks
@Dave_Did_it
@Dave_Did_it 6 месяцев назад
Does it do ds or 3ds
@BoKnowsGaming
DS, yes! 3DS, no.
@jovianparco
@jovianparco 6 месяцев назад
Debating between Powkiddy X55 or Trimui Smart Pro, mostly I want to play PSP and some GBA games, any thoughts?
@BoKnowsGaming
They're both good for PSP. The X55 has a higher contrast screen and MUCH better sticks. But it's not getting any more OS updates. The TrimUI looks more like a PSP, and is about to get a massive OS update that should make it a better experience. It's updates have been few and far between, but at least it's still being supported for now. The X55 is much more comfortable to hold. But you can probably find the Smart Pro for a little cheaper. If I HAD to choose between these two, I'd probably go with the X55. But I know there are a lot of really happy Smart Pro fans out there. Not sure I've helped, but there you go. 😂
@jovianparco
@jovianparco 6 месяцев назад
​@@BoKnowsGamingleaning towards Trimui because of continued software updates, by the way does X55 perform a little better in terms of PSP gaming or are they just the same? Thank you for answering my questions 😃 just subscribed to your channel.
@chrisbenefield9963
@chrisbenefield9963 6 месяцев назад
@@BoKnowsGamingwhere do you find out info like the trimUI is getting a big OS update? Are there like emulator forums that programmers talk about their work. I assume it’s mostly the community making the OS that these emulators use?
@BoKnowsGaming
@@jovianparco PSP is about the same, and yes, TrimUI is continuing to get software updates and improvements. So I don't blame you for leaning that way. Thanks for subscribing! Hope to see you around! 🙂
@BoKnowsGaming
@@chrisbenefield9963 Mostly I either hear about it on RU-vid or X (Twitter). There's a lot of announcements that happen on X and then a few hours later show up on RU-vid. If there are specific platforms you want to follow, like TrimUI, I recommend looking there.
@duncansmith6696
@duncansmith6696 Месяц назад
Killer Instinct on there?
@BoKnowsGaming
Not sure. I don’t have this one any more. I sold it to fund another video. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Super Nintendo version was on there though.
@GabrielaRodriguez-xh9vk
@GabrielaRodriguez-xh9vk 5 месяцев назад
It has the Nintendo dogs in here and it requires voice audio. Does it have voice control?
@BoKnowsGaming
Hi! I don’t think so. Unless the 3.5mm jack supports earphones with an in line mic. But I doubt it. I didn’t even think to test that.
@romariosilvario6548
@romariosilvario6548 6 месяцев назад
Can you put NFS underground on it?
@BoKnowsGaming
The Game Boy Advance version, yes.
@Wine-N-Steak
@Wine-N-Steak 5 месяцев назад
How do you put a game in your favorites?
@BoKnowsGaming
Hit X once you’ve highlighted the game then scroll to Add to Favorites.
@Wine-N-Steak
@Wine-N-Steak 4 месяца назад
@@BoKnowsGaming Thank you 🫱🏽‍🫲🏻
@Wine-N-Steak
@Wine-N-Steak 5 месяцев назад
How do you go back to get out of a game?
@BoKnowsGaming
Depends on the system. Most of them you hit Start + Select two times in a row.
@OryxNatesPlace
@OryxNatesPlace 5 месяцев назад
What Pokémon games come preinstalled?
@BoKnowsGaming
I don’t remember which ones were originally on there. A few Game Boy and Game Boy Advance ones though. Maybe a couple of DS games as well. But I can’t recall.
@OryxNatesPlace
@OryxNatesPlace 5 месяцев назад
Thanks for the info! Great videos btw! Subscribed man!
@BoKnowsGaming
Thank you. I appreciate that! Hope to see you around.
@0kti
@0kti 6 месяцев назад
JELOS is EOL
@BoKnowsGaming
Yes. Thankfully the last build for the X55 is stable and works well. The team is moving on to a new cfw though.
@Ivan_950
@Ivan_950 5 месяцев назад
does this have spider-man 2 for the ps2 or any spider-man games?
@BoKnowsGaming
No. This won’t play PS2 games. It could run Spiderman on the N64 or PS1. Or any SpiderMan game older than that.
@clausjahnel5379
@clausjahnel5379 Месяц назад
... and it could run the PSP versions of Spider-Man 2 (which is different to the PS2 variant), plus Web Of Shadows and Spider-Man 3, where the PSP versions are the same game as the PS2 release. And the PSP has Friend or Foe, too, which is different to PS2. There are options! 😁
@CellPhish
@CellPhish 5 месяцев назад
ROCKNIX
@kellyhazlett6638
@kellyhazlett6638 5 месяцев назад
None of the preloaded games worked for me.
@BoKnowsGaming
NONE?! Return it. Or ask for a replacement. Something is clearly wrong with the unit you received. Sorry that happened to you. That stinks.
@kellyhazlett6638
@kellyhazlett6638 5 месяцев назад
@@BoKnowsGaming i click on the emulator type, an it just show three dots on each ROM file I click on.
@BoKnowsGaming
That's... really odd. I've never seen that before. Is your sd card corrupted maybe? Idk.
@DroidLocks6971
Mine only charges to 99%
@BoKnowsGaming
That's silly.
@DroidLocks6971
.... Jelos is slow Loading on X55 Because It's Not The PaId Version....
@BoKnowsGaming
I've never heard of the pald version. Thanks for watching!
@DroidLocks6971
@BoKnowsGaming powkiddy didn't have permission with x55 but if you download updated version of jelos and insert sd card n2 x55 it's way faster loading jelos .
@neymar9661
@neymar9661 6 месяцев назад
@@BoKnowsGamingdoes it come with pre installed games?
@BoKnowsGaming
Depends on which one you buy. You can get it with or without games.
@chrismayer3919
@chrismayer3919 4 месяца назад
@@BoKnowsGamingthe one w/o games is just an expensive paperweight if you dont have access to the web and/or the wads of cash to pay for games. Makes me miss my original Game Boy. ☹️
@cactuscake1323
@cactuscake1323 4 месяца назад
It's a box FFS
@BoKnowsGaming
A box with magnets. 🧲
@HardstylEFF
@HardstylEFF 2 месяца назад
So much talk about box... Jesus
@BoKnowsGaming
Yep. It’s a great box for an unboxing video.
@HardstylEFF
@HardstylEFF 2 месяца назад
@@BoKnowsGaming Ha!!!! Got you,just kidding,great video!!! You got a sub and like 😁
@BoKnowsGaming
@@HardstylEFF 🙂Nice one. Thanks! Happy gaming!
@darksideofthemun3563
@darksideofthemun3563 2 месяца назад
@@HardstylEFFNice save
@jjwhy321y3
@jjwhy321y3 5 месяцев назад
Don't buy this. The better stuff (like Saturn) doesn't work. Tested 2 games and both froze after 30 minutes. Even PS1 games froze up. Charge rate is awful. The only emulator I ever returned.
@BoKnowsGaming
The charge rate is pretty slow. But I didn't have any of those other problems in my time with it. Sorry you had such a bad experience. I hope you found a handheld that works for you!
@jjwhy321y3
@@BoKnowsGaming did the better consoles work? N64, Dreamcast, PSP? No of it worked for me. All the games froze up.
@BoKnowsGaming
Yes. Dreamcast worked really well. Most N64 games did too. PSP was more hit or miss. Some did well. Some needed frameskip turned on. I think you might have gotten a broken system. Is there any way you can return it or exchange it for a new one?
@jjwhy321y3
@@BoKnowsGaming I returned it. I saw numerous similar complaints/reviews online. I own other emulators but not feeling this one.
@jjwhy321y3
@@BoKnowsGaming SNES stuff worked fine though 1st PSP and Saturn games froze after 30 minutes. Wish others better luck.
@coonstation
@coonstation 2 месяца назад
Use RockNix OS. Don't use cheap sd card to run RockNix OS. Dev told me so. ArkOS is ok. Pick one.
@BoKnowsGaming
Yes. Absolutely. At this point, since JelOS is no longer supported, it’s best to switch over to Rocknix (which didn’t exist yet when I made this video). I think you can even bring your save states over from JelOS so you don’t lose any progress…. I think 🤔
Далее
The Powkiddy V10 is PERFECTLY FLAWED
10:06
Просмотров 6 тыс.
would you eat this? #shorts
00:13
Просмотров 455 тыс.
НЕ БУДИТЕ КОТЯТ#cat
00:21
Просмотров 1 млн
My Favorite Retro Handhelds of 2024 (So Far)
14:57
Просмотров 424 тыс.
A TOP 10 DEVICE - Powkiddy RGB10 Max 3
20:37
Просмотров 10 тыс.
100 Tips For Your Retro Handhelds!
15:20
Просмотров 43 тыс.
I Originally Didn't Want to Review This... Powkiddy X55
15:33
The ULTIMATE TrimUI Smart Pro!
14:55