Тёмный

Luis Monda REVEALS WHY Virgil Hunter can't train fighters beside Andre Ward 

TRU SCHOOL SPORTS
Подписаться 77 тыс.
Просмотров 13 тыс.
50% 1

Boxing trainer Luis Monda of Johnny Tocco's Boxing gym in Las Vegas details the problem Virgil Hunter has training other fighters.

Спорт

Опубликовано:

13 июн 2017

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 70   
@sagacioussage899
@sagacioussage899 6 лет назад
Virgil Hunter trains from the inside out , meaning focusing on the spirit and character of a fighter. Building he inner man. Cus Dimato did the same. Time will tell if he is able to refine a finished fighter and remake him to be better. But i fully believe he makes people around him, more mature, more responsible, and better able to lead there lives with dignity and success. In other words,, he builds men, not just fighter.
@BigZoFarnham
@BigZoFarnham 6 лет назад
sagacious Sage exactly
@shall7277
@shall7277 6 лет назад
exactly
@KenyanFleming91
@KenyanFleming91 5 лет назад
Hello!!!!
@Finliberty
@Finliberty 6 лет назад
Nothing wrong with Virgil's knowledge. The video broke it down nicely. It's about the connection you create with your fighters, how much they genuinely trust what you say. IMO Virgil Hunter has a very cerebral approach & that clearly suits Ward. That approach is just not so effective with more physical or emotional characters. Can see him training Keith Thurman, cannot see him training Tank Davis.
@sniper824
@sniper824 7 лет назад
one of your best interviews. great job
@themightyquinn9843
@themightyquinn9843 7 лет назад
Thought Khan looked really good vs. Canelo up until getting stopped. I think that at that point, maybe the Virgil-Khan relationship did finally start to "gel".. obviously he got KTFO brutally but that was always going to happen against Canelo. He didn't seem so jittery with lots of excessive movement and wild mistakes as he did previously imo
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 7 лет назад
The problem with Khan, IMO, is more himself. He's borderline un-coachable, or at least, he's said some things that hint at that. I think Roach felt that way in the end.
@lionsandtruth2483
@lionsandtruth2483 6 лет назад
Maravilla Boxeo Khan loses focus after 4rds. Virgil tells him KEEP MOVING, DO NOT STAND IN FRONT OF HIM...what his dumbass does??? Stands right in front of Canelo smh
@simonbrown9695
@simonbrown9695 5 лет назад
virgil hunter trained others like alfredo angulo he was amnazing
@mr.boxingmoves486
@mr.boxingmoves486 3 года назад
Its NOT the trainer.....its the willingness of the fighter to change. 'Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality.' ----Bruce Lee
@MalikMaximus
@MalikMaximus 7 лет назад
To be frank it seems as if you have an agenda particular individuals which is unfair but I don't think you're channel will ever really grow until you start being more objective just my two cents
@Truschoolsports
@Truschoolsports 7 лет назад
Can you be specific, what particular individuals? I'm a man of details so please be specific.
@MalikMaximus
@MalikMaximus 7 лет назад
Tru School Sports it seems as if you have an agenda against Virgil Hunter and Andre Ward and granted everyone In the YTBC community has a level of bias but with you it is apparent In all honesty I appreciate your honesty and I respect your boldness but it seems like that your opinion can get in the way of your work because at end of the day you're trying to build a platform on the principles of journalism
@ronin2237
@ronin2237 6 лет назад
I Agree 100%
@kiddynamite8996
@kiddynamite8996 3 года назад
This is why Emanuel Steward was the best, he could develop them from amateur to World champions and also take top level pro’s and win
@chuck275
@chuck275 6 лет назад
Adam Booth, I think he has a decent-ish record of building someone up from the ground and taking an established fighter and refining them
@drrellelljackson65
@drrellelljackson65 6 лет назад
What are you guys talking about Virgil trained Ward from a child to a man Khan had no chin and Burto just wasent the best talent every fighter can't be grate the best had fighters that got Knocked out
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 4 года назад
All that was said in the video.
@Funkyfresh408
@Funkyfresh408 5 лет назад
What about Mario barrios he looking good
@louisquatorze9280
@louisquatorze9280 7 лет назад
Good vid.
@MrKeepnit100
@MrKeepnit100 Год назад
Virgil is a builder not necessarily a fixer or refiner, but that's okay. Manny Steward somehow could do both. Built Hearns, Howard Davis, etc..but also fixed Lennox Lewis and tweaked Holyfield in his rematch with Bowe.
@Linda-yt9gy
@Linda-yt9gy 4 года назад
Very good insights!Virgil hunter is no Roach or Emmanuel Stewart!
@mataafa1
@mataafa1 4 года назад
Not that he “can’t” train fighters other then Ward... his style is suited to getting the fighters as early as possible.... as a kid as an amateur if possible... fixing fighters mistakes is a tough gig once those mistakes are ingrained
@drrellelljackson65
Training I always thought was 70,30 if your fight is not willing to get up when he's down dig deep when in trouble run in the snow, learn all aspects of the fight game, and I mean every thing
@MrRegD
@MrRegD 5 лет назад
Great interview!
@morningmidnight9398
@morningmidnight9398 5 лет назад
For example amir khan lacks the basics of the basics in boxing and Virgil never fixed that. It is not enough to tell the boxer what to do you have to imbed those skills inside of him until it becomes an instinct just like floyed who was programmed to react down to the milliseconds. I think Joe was amazing for khan.
@alfonzomholland8518
@alfonzomholland8518 2 года назад
Factz factz factz.
@MiguelGonzalez-xy1ll
@MiguelGonzalez-xy1ll 5 лет назад
5:00 this is why a lot of good mannered pros leave coaches then coaches act shocked. Coaches have bigger egos than pros.
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 4 года назад
No, they don't. Trainers get very little glory for quite a lot of work and entire lifetimes in the gym. Establishing to someone that learning is REQUIRED, that is not ego.
@YoungKeezyLSEU
@YoungKeezyLSEU 5 лет назад
My favourite trainer is Robert Garcia
@salnavarro2943
@salnavarro2943 7 лет назад
This man is a great mind for boxing
@joeygonzo
@joeygonzo 6 лет назад
OK, I'll say Virgil Hunter is a good trainer. You can certainly hire a worse trainer around. I'd say he's better than Floyd Sr. Maybe even better than Roger b/c Virgil is a more educated guy who can go beyond the ring when teaching . Virgil is a very defensive trainer . He really likes his boxers to get out of the center line . Fight away from that and keep working the angles . This argument that good trainers develop boxers from the amateurs to the pros is a little lame. Look, the talent field in the US is very weak . Luis Monda is going to have a hard time finding talent from the amateurs in Vegas himself . Nacho in Mexico City HAS NO PROBLEM finding young talent . He freaking runs amateur programs himself . And he has kids lining up on his door to get in.
@truballa103
@truballa103 3 года назад
Roger top 5 coach of all time ur bugging
@punchforpound2808
@punchforpound2808 5 лет назад
Misleading title.
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 4 года назад
No
@drrellelljackson65
I have seen trainers who's not shit but the fighter had a lot of natural ability, do you really think Floyd was listening to Roger when he got sick watch Floyd in the corner case closed
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 4 года назад
Floyd Sr. built Floyd Jr., with a whole system of how to fight. Not merely natural ability, but Roger always could calm Floyd down and make him feel centered.
@BOSZAY
@BOSZAY 5 лет назад
What champs has he turned out?
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 4 года назад
He who?
@evgeniantelo9697
@evgeniantelo9697 6 лет назад
I stopped listening once I saw 52 blocks on the the t-shirt. I mean I tried to ignore the rat tail although that was a giveaway and then I see this dude is representing 52 blocks as a trainer.
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 4 года назад
You judge merit by t-shirts and hair styles. Lol I'm glad you and stopped listening.
@1879gym
@1879gym 6 лет назад
This guy is a articulate uneducated person... don’t be fooled by his ability to put sentences together.... note ,a man doesn’t need to see to be ;nor be in order to see....
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 6 лет назад
1879gym Articulate uneducated guy here, lol. Your statement is a logical fallacy. You refer to me as "uneducated" while complimenting my ability to speak coherently, then your argument is that a guy doesn't need to see to be, nor be to see...which argues on behalf of BEING uneducated. Not sure exactly what your point is, however, my work will speak for itself in due time
@lionsandtruth2483
LevantarAthletics JohnnyTocco'sBoxing U are articulate, I wouldn’t say ur uneducated but that still doesn’t mean what ur saying is based on FACT, it’s merely ur opinion of what success is. Every fighter isn’t going to be Ward which is arguably the greatest amateur n pro ever but life has been poured back into the fighters I’ve seen coach Virgil work with.
@lionsandtruth2483
LevantarAthletics JohnnyTocco'sBoxing People mention his work with Khan...Khan has not dedicated himself to the sport at this point in his career to properly master the basic fundamentals like footwork (Khans footwork is horrible), to lock in mentally to be able to beat a fighter like Canelo n that’s why coach Virgil was 100% against it. Coach Virgil tells him over n over to keep moving, do not stand in front of Canelo...what does he do? Stand right in front of Canelo. That had nothing to do with size, it had everything to do with Khan being a part time fighter. Berto is known to be a past prime fighter that lacks basic fundamentals. Berto was drilled to offset Porter with feints, to touch his jab n to turn him...gets in the fight forgets everything. This last fight it took Berto 4rds to finally listen to coach Virgil, ended up finding success against Devon. Angulo was always limited but did what never had been done against the master boxer Lara, Becuz he listened. Coach breathed life back into Kid Chocolates career...how bout his work with Joey Spencer, Yoka, Marlo...they are great prospects
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 4 года назад
@@lionsandtruth2483 you didnt say anything I didnt say, just worded differently.
@ThunderDomeBoxingTalk
@ThunderDomeBoxingTalk 7 лет назад
Its not difficult for Freddie Roach , Garcia ,wasnt for Benton , Ray Arcel , Bimstein , Manny Steward , Nacho n many many others ...its just a major problem for Virgil bcuz hes just flat out not an educated trainer ...Mando is just being a nice guy n not telling the truth bcuz he dont wanna look like a hater ..which i understand completely
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 7 лет назад
Nah, if I thought Virgil was total garbage I'd say so. Alton Merkerson, Jack Mosley, those kinds of guys showed true lacks of basic knowledge of boxing at various points. And they did NOT build anyone from the ground up, really. Steward, Roach, Garcia, those guys had fighters they lost, and fighters who lost under THEIR watch. Steward had a habit of declaring everyone as the next "Tommy Hearns" and formed their styles accordingly. Freddy Roach had Bobby Pacquiao and should have been the first person to demand Bobby get away from Wild Card and be his own man. Nacho could only help Angulo and Chavez Jr. but so much, because those guys don't get him. Vicente Escobedo also fizzled under Nacho. Hell Arcel and Freddie Brown stopped talking over Duran, and Brown never trained another Pro fighter ever again due to the falling out between he and Arcel, and was fully excluded from the "Hands of Stone" movie despite being a Hall of Fame trainer who is THE reason Duran had a jab. I'm just saying you give Virgil a kid like Ward, he could likely make another Ward. But it HAS to be that, he has to have him from beginning to end. There's lots of trainers like that. Ward isn't one of the best in the game, with sound strategies, by accident. And he's not doing all the work himself.
@AxleTrade
@AxleTrade 7 лет назад
Agreed. The bigger names in Virgil's stable got KTFO or humiliated against decent opposition. The only reason why Ward is held up to the standard of adulation he is now is because he has the same protection Floyd has and was spared of a humiliation by Rocnation robbing Kovalev of a one sided beatdown.
@scipio2009
@scipio2009 7 лет назад
ThunderDomeBoxingTalk Sounds like a hater to me, tbh. Virgil has Andre Ward, Berto, Khan, Fonfara, and Quillin​ as his veteran guys, and he's got Mario Barrios, Nicola Adams, Tony Yoka, and a few other prospects that he's bringing along. keep hating if you want
@blue1991dbes
@blue1991dbes 7 лет назад
Probably because they weren't good enough. You do realize that you can know as much boxing as you want if the fighter doesn't have the physical capabilities to turn that knowledge into reality then they will get beat. John David Jackson great boxing mind got smashed by Hopkins came back with a russian monster to beat Hopkins. Hopkins was old by then but you do get the point I hope.
@OBCWarDogs
@OBCWarDogs 7 лет назад
Every fighter has physical capabilities, every fighter lacks physical capabilities.
@YoungKeezyLSEU
@YoungKeezyLSEU 5 лет назад
My favourite trainer is Robert Garcia
Далее
Andre Ward In Ring Demonstration
16:51
Просмотров 342 тыс.
ПОДВОДНЫЙ ГЕЙМИНГ #shorts
00:22
Просмотров 658 тыс.
Luis Monda EXPLAINS LOST ART of stabbing with punches
4:22