Тёмный

Why We Left Residency!😲🥺🥲 

DFAM VLOGS
Подписаться 307
Просмотров 3,2 тыс.
50% 1

Nessa and Chris open up about the unexpected and bizarre need for an immediate change in occupation due to instant burnout, illness, and the repetitive attacks of nature’s monsoon pests. Find out why no amount of money could make leaving any less necessary!

Опубликовано:

30 апр 2022

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 13   
@Ari_diwan
@Ari_diwan Год назад
Medicine is harder than I had expected it would be, it's a relief to know I'm not the only one who is feeling this way, it's a very hard decision to quit residency since it takes years to get that one position, how is life after leaving? In what capacity are you working now?
@dfam1
@dfam1 Год назад
You are in good company! Medicine is incredibly expensive and exhaustive for you and your family. You do face hardships to put yourself and your family members first but you won’t regret prioritizing the things that matter most. From our other videos you will see that life goes on outside medicine. We were forced to find new career paths that we enjoy greater happiness and time together. Mentally the decision to leave has recovered personal sanity and encouraged us to seek out creative financial strategy. We will still have more to figure out along the way but the choice to dissociate from the entire field of medicine is ironically the healthiest and most progressive decision we ultimately had to make. Here’s our video of what unique direction we took outside medicine: ru-vid.com/video/%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE-i5Ur1TqmQ64.html Thank you for watching, commenting and best wishes to you in your career and life endeavors!
@nanae123
@nanae123 6 месяцев назад
So jealous that you had the courage to leave residency..you're lucky to have a supportive partner. I hate medicine but feel stuck..
@dfam1
@dfam1 6 месяцев назад
For us, it wasn’t about having the courage to leave. If we could have stayed and kept it working, it would have been much easier. When things get so bad that your idea of staying is far more frightening than taking a new risk, you too can walk out on the thing that makes you miserable. I encourage you to get your footing into something you enjoy and find a government job that will forgive your debt after ten years of service. The teaching positions in schools qualify with any subject. We know loads of medical doctors who teach high school English, math or science courses and retiring much happier than anyone being overworked in the medical field. You may be able to find an easier program and happily stay the course or you can look into doing something else and we will be your moral support as we understand just how scary it is to not have a backup plan and uncertainty how things get better. We hope you can find a situation that makes you happier this year. Best of luck and Happy New Year to you Friend!
@emilyh3644
@emilyh3644 16 дней назад
was he in podiatry school?
@dfam1
@dfam1 15 дней назад
Yes. Technically I can see how that could be confusing. At the time this was happening, the medical school he attended was teaching DO students and DPM students together in the same classes but the podiatry students had specific classes to their field of medical practice. It wasn’t a podiatry school; it was a podiatry program that was taught within a medical college that provided a variety of programs like veterinary medicine, dental, psychology, optometry, podiatry, osteopathic medicine, etc.
@emilyh3644
@emilyh3644 15 дней назад
@@dfam1 ah that makes sense! im glad u guys are happier now :)
@adebayoaina7947
@adebayoaina7947 Год назад
Medicine is hard. I’m starting my emergency medicine residency in July and I’m already feeling overwhelmed. May God continue to bless you in your future endeavors
@dfam1
@dfam1 Год назад
Thank you for sharing! If you can overcome the feelings of overwhelm, you will certainly prove your strength and resilience through a very challenging career. May God bless you as well to find joy in the work you are meant to fulfill.
@imthrillz5255
@imthrillz5255 Год назад
Aren’t yall struggling with the enormous pile of debt though??
@dfam1
@dfam1 Год назад
You’re right, medical school comes with lots of debt. We have a plan. Our plan is good plan that will take time and patience for us to dissolve completely. We know how much money we must make and how much work we must do to get out of the debt. Even though we will pay off our debt a few years later than if we stayed in medicine, having our current repayment plan still brings us greater happiness and freedom because we still aren’t overworked, overwhelmed and abused than if we had stayed in medicine. Plus we have much more freedom together as a family. Is debt obligating you to stay in an industry that doesn’t bring you joy? We can create a video about how we finance our school debts if you are genuinely interested and think it would help you make informed decisions about working in an occupation that suits your ideal life better.
@integratedmedicine4340
@integratedmedicine4340 Год назад
Complete waste of time and money. You would have to drag me out.
@dfam1
@dfam1 Год назад
The important thing is that we never have to wonder if it was a pleasant fit.😁
Далее
Leaving Medicine After Medical School With Hana Ali
40:52
Хотите поиграть в такую?😄
00:16
Просмотров 219 тыс.
Каха и калЪян
00:46
Просмотров 198 тыс.