Тёмный

Flosstube #31 - Stitching progress and Thread Organization (October 24, 2022) 

The Virginia Stitcher
Подписаться 8 тыс.
Просмотров 14 тыс.
50% 1

Instagram - the_virginia_stitcher

Опубликовано:

23 окт 2022

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 183   
@kathymcdonald367
@kathymcdonald367 Год назад
I love all the pieces you are stitching. You have spent a lot of time organizing your threads, good for you. It was very helpful and thanks for sharing.
@christinevh1348
@christinevh1348 Год назад
You keep on squirreling! If it brings joy, do it! Your love of the craft is what matters, and keeps us viewing. I like the backstitching on New York--now you can see it much better. I have "One Nation" but haven't started it yet. I always enjoy your videos.
@karinmonnich3310
@karinmonnich3310 Год назад
Love your finishes and your progress on your wips. Happy stitching!
@rwords3056
@rwords3056 Год назад
~squirrel~ you're absolutely delightful! the back stitching looks great on New York
@witchcitystitcher
@witchcitystitcher Год назад
I'm so glad I found you! You're so organized, I love it. I can't get over how beautiful your work is. Outstanding!
@thevirginiastitcher
@thevirginiastitcher Год назад
Thank you so much, Dianne 😊
@dianapratt9708
@dianapratt9708 Год назад
Thank you for showing how you store your threads. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do. I gave away all my threads years ago. I found floss tube about 6 months ago. I bought all the DMC floss and now I know what I want to do. Thank you again! So far I only have fabric for what I’m stitching on. You are so organized! Love your floss tube!🪡
@susanmarit5365
@susanmarit5365 Год назад
You need to stitch what you want to, when you want. 😀🐶 HAPPY STITCHING 🧵
@OnceUponAStitch
@OnceUponAStitch Год назад
Hi Vicki! You are so awesome. You do you cause you are amazing! Loved the video. Thanks so much for sharing all your beautiful stitching past and present. I love that your stitch on aida and lugana. Thanks for sharing your filing system. Hope to see you in two weeks 😉. Lori💕
@norinemohs8564
@norinemohs8564 Год назад
First time finding you. I LOVE your flag stitch.
@christinevh1348
@christinevh1348 Год назад
Wow! What a game changer for fabric storage! I paused the video to go online at Amazon to order fabric boxes, comic book boards & plastic alligator clips. Thanks so much for the tip!
@terrifeltey5954
@terrifeltey5954 Год назад
Wow what a wealth of information. I love your idea for your dmc. I have 7 shoeboxes filled with dmc. I was kitting up a project the other day I needed 40 colors I went through every box of my thread and I still needed 26 colors . I don’t have quite as much fabric so I have no idea how to store that. Thank you I enjoy your floss tubes very much I look forward to each one
@carolebaldwin8065
@carolebaldwin8065 Год назад
I love catching up on your progress! I watch all your videos but don't comment often because I usually watch on the TV. I am more of a stitch what I want usually as well, but next year myself and some stitching buddies, we have all gone insane, are starting a new project for every year we have been here, ranging from 42 to 60. We have been planning and kitting things up for months now. Several things have come off next years list and gotten started this year. We figure 2024 will be more of a "work your wips" kind of year :P. I stitch on whatever fabric I think works best for the project, be it aida, evenweave, or linen. I think some things look better on Aida then linen! As long as I love the outcome it really doesn't matter what other people think! Happy Stitching!
@carolinacrossstitcher
@carolinacrossstitcher Год назад
Thanks for another great video, Vicki!! My name is Kathy and I squirrel!! You cracked me up when you said that you squirrel. Wish you could see my quilting crafting area. Oh my, do I squirrel!! I say, stitch what you love and is calling to you!! do my linen storage the same way but haven’t quite figured out the floss situation, yet. Always appreciate your great ideas😊.
@pennyschwarze6393
@pennyschwarze6393 Год назад
Good morning. I love your hair look very nice. I love your stitching it’s very beautiful. I like that you stitch on the same fabric as I do black fabric I always use chalkboard 14 count Aida. I love hand dyed fabric like Aida and I like softer fabric to. I really like how you have organized your floss and fabric. Thank you for all your tips. I enjoy watching you. I like that you jump from project to project stitch what makes you happy. Have a great week. Hope your puppy dog feels better soon. 🎃
@peachesc8700
@peachesc8700 Год назад
Love the video, especially your organization system.
@wyattack06
@wyattack06 Год назад
Just found you and so glad I did ! Enjoyed the visit now I want to go back and check out some of your older videos! Thanks, Kim T☀️
@theintuitivestitcher9336
@theintuitivestitcher9336 Год назад
Hi Vicky! Love when I see that you have a new flosstube! I worry, too, that I'm looking at my camera. I always do a 1 minute video and watch it first. I'm so OCD. Anyway, I have always loved Winter Snowfall, Shannon Christine. When I do buy it, I think I might do it in dark greens. Every color I've seen it done is beautiful. And your fabric color is beautiful. And Autumn Queen. I remember when they gifted it to you. It's beautiful! The G.Leger 1898 piece is gorgeous. Great organization ideas! I always buy new skeins. You'd think after 50 years of stitching I would have figured that out! lol So thank you for the ideas! I hope your puppy feels better. Wishing you a wonderful week 🌹
@lesleyduncan6851
@lesleyduncan6851 Год назад
I love your long chatty videos and I agree, stitch what makes you happy. I can only stitch on 14 ct aida with magnifiers but I still love big projects. It makes for large pieces of fabric but hey ho, it's what I love.
@tanyawillisanderson
@tanyawillisanderson Год назад
Your Autumn wip is so lovely!
@olgabrummett8947
@olgabrummett8947 Год назад
Oh what a great video again! I so look forward to your videos. Your pieces are all so beautiful! I think you do you and that’s all. Don’t put too many rules in place then it feels like a job! Oh I wish I had all the beautiful fabrics you have. Just amazing and so organized. One day I hope to find my unicorn chart of the lady of the flag, but until I do I have enough to keep ten people busy 🤣🤣
@heathershearer7889
@heathershearer7889 Год назад
Enjoyed seeing One Nation again I was in love with it when you showed last time
@a231334
@a231334 Год назад
Thanks for sharing your organization methods, I have a similar one for the DMC threads. I don't have much fabric and will be sorting what I have as per your method, its a great idea. Loved seeing your projects and look forward to the next video. Take care, Guida.
@suzettemiller4689
@suzettemiller4689 Год назад
As long as your enjoying yourself, it doesn't matter if you jump around, your stitching is beautiful.
@cindygunning7108
@cindygunning7108 Год назад
I love stitching on Lugana, joblean, and Aida! I do stitch on linen also but not my fav but depending on the project and who ifs for I stitch on linen. You are certainly not a failure-I couldn’t stitch on a set schedule-I stitch on what I want when I want-if it makes you happy that is all that matters! In fact this week, I hardly stitched-I decided to inventory and organize my DMC, WDW, GAST, and Crescent Colors-cotton and silks. I have all my DMC in 4 Jammer boxes-realized I have 3 complete sets of DMC- I have just a little floss addiction. The fancy flosses listed above I have almost complete collections of these as well-right now I have them stored in those bots and nail drawer containers but thinking of changing them out. Love your stitching and your video!
@patriciaclayton8896
@patriciaclayton8896 Год назад
Love your Autumn Queen and your fabric choice. Hadn’t thought about using Platinum. Have Platinum fabric in my stash. Have been stitching off and on since 1987. Lugano is a favorite of mine too. I stitch on nothing higher than 32 count. Like 28 count the best. I stitch on Aida too. Have a good week.
@barbaraburdett9594
@barbaraburdett9594 Год назад
Love the storage. It makes sense! I need to go through all my colors of DMC . I am sure I have several of the same colors.
@anneshaheen3188
@anneshaheen3188 Год назад
There is no such thing as a perfect stitcher! I like your style
@thevirginiastitcher
Thank you 😊
@simonesanterre4048
@simonesanterre4048 Год назад
I enjoyed this video so much! I’m sure I’ll be rewatching it a zillion times over. I purchased the One Nation chart and the called for floss at the time but I love your floss conversion to a variegated red. It adds to the old flag look with the Haunted fabric (which I also ordered). Also liked your floss & fabric organizational method. I recently referred a stitching friend to watch your FlossTube and she told me that she was very impressed with your stitching and how it looked like needlepoint. I really believe the Aida gives it that look. Just beautiful!
@leeannw6606
@leeannw6606 Год назад
I also got One Nation after watching Vicki. I’m on week 19 doing one state and star a week. Just love it.
@craftingwithneena2862
@craftingwithneena2862 Год назад
I too have recently taken the time to organize my DMC. I had a lot in the organizing boxes, but also extras in baggies, etc. I like the way you have your extras by individual numbers, must do that. mine are by 100s, 200s, etc. I found some colors I have 4 or 5 of. Can't wait to finish my groupings! It will save $$ and time. (Debbie)
@susansaunders397
@susansaunders397 Год назад
Thanks for showing your floss & fabric organization; I prefer my over dyed floss to be color coordinated as well - makes life a little easier! Really enjoyed seeing your WIPs as usual, & I’ve been wanting to order The Gather Inn, but am determined to finish Land That I Love (T. Kogut) before I order anything else - I’m about a weeks worth of work away! My new goal as we head into a new year is to not order another sampler until I finish 1. Too many big WIPs in the baskets; I do plan to keep smaller projects in monthly rotation & I’m thinking I’ll form my WIPGO around those smaller ones like pin keeps, ornaments, berries, etc! I think I’m pretty settled on not adding times or number of days/project on WIPGO - no more self-induced stitching pressure in 2023 - just want to enjoy each project I choose to work on & move on when I want to😉 Thanks for sharing - your videos always inspire- I hope you have a wonderful time at the retreat & your pup is feeling much better.🧡🧵🪡
@lilysmomma785
@lilysmomma785 Год назад
I am incredibly limited on space and have been trying to figure out a good way to store everything. Still working on it, I'm really really very new and already have a pretty good collection going. Apparently that's the other hobby lol collect all the stuff and stitch some of the things lol I don't mind it though. My next purchases do need to include some form of storage and the dmc thread card. Thank you so much for the video, always love seeing something new pop up from you. Happy Stitching - Kimberly
@debglastetter851
@debglastetter851 Год назад
I have tried to make goals, but I never meet them. I even tried the WIPGO and did go OK for a while but then I got behind. I was getting depressed with myself and felt that I was getting nowhere. Then I decided no more goals for me, and I just stitch what I want when I want. I start new projects when I wanted to, and I feel much better. I also like bigger projects. I love your organization. Vicky, I have learned a lot from your videos. Also, I stitch on Aida 16 and 18 count.
@ConnieInman1954
@ConnieInman1954 Год назад
I took your organization of the fabric and love it. The thread I have them in order on big rings and then clipped up on my carts. I might get the pip and chip system. Not sure yet. It is quite an investment. Thanks for all of your ideas. Love your videos
@christinesouthard2350
@christinesouthard2350 Год назад
Thank you for your video. I found d you by searching WIP parades, and subscribed right away. I have the same taste in my stitching as you do, except I don't stitch any of the "fancy ladies", so it's very enjoyable to see yours. I am also a fan of Lori's and thought her two day rotation was a great idea. Alas, I have found out that I am definitely a rebel. I wouldn't even be able to do WIPGO. I just stitchwhat I want, when I want. I don't want to follow any rules at all. (Even if I make them!) So Iit really made me laugh at the beginning when you made your 'confession '. I say, you go girl!!! Break thise rules. I also love when you emphasize stitching on whatever fabric that makes you happy. I stitch on every fabric; aida, monaco, laguna, and linen, and every count up to 40. I enjoy it all. Do not be intimidated, it's important to enjoy what you do! I really love pretty much everything Prairie Schooler, and your Village is looking great. I think that's in my stash, waiting for me to start it. Enjoy your upcoming family visits. Take care and happy stitching! I am southard5200 on IG.
@charj57
@charj57 Год назад
Thank you for sharing your storage set up
@karenmoseley9337
@karenmoseley9337 Год назад
I had seen your first video showing how you store your fabric, but at the time I didn't have enough "stash" to warrant organizing it on comic boards. But..........I do now! I had bought the comic board to use when I finish a cross stitch piece as a standup or framing it with a layer of decorative fabric as a type of mat and then attached to a decorative wooden piece. Now all I need are the alligator plastic clips and I am all set. I use cardboard bobbins for my floss that I have cut out of comic board and I make them a bit larger than the ones that are commonly sold. My sister-in-law passed away from breast cancer and was a fabulous stitcher. She told my brother that she wanted me to have all of her supplies. I put each color of DMC floss in a plastic snack bag like you did, so when I run out of what I have on my bobbin, I go to my shoe box of extra floss. At 72 years old, aida 14, 16, and 18 are my go to fabrics, but I do love monaco 28 count and lugana 28 count. Thank you for making me feel it's ok to use what I love. You are absolutely delightful to watch!!
@thevirginiastitcher
Thank you so much Karen. I am sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. Happy stitching 🧵
@stitchinglonestar6362
@stitchinglonestar6362 Год назад
I was laughing at your perspective of setting goals because I AM THE EXACT SAME WAY!! I love to write out the goals and plan, but within a week I ditch them all😊. I don’t like to be confined in a hobby that I am doing for fun! I do the same with my quilting WIPs. I also did a similar thread organizing project with my DMC because I had multiples of many colors. Now I have one set and the overflow is in a box that I check before I buy. We are similar in our tastes and our thinking 😊. Hugs 🤗!!
@gleehanson4775
@gleehanson4775 Год назад
You do indeed help me feel better about stitching on Aida. I can see to stitch on it the best . There is some snobbish attitudes against Aida but I love stitching on it . I've been stitching for like 50 years. I can stitch on other fabrics but it's too much trouble. Case closed. Guess what else? I use DMC probably 95 percent of the time. I can't see multiplying the cost of projects by so much! If I get a kit as a gift with something else, that's fine. If I get a kit at the thrift store or whatever, I'm fine with it. But, DMC is dependable and beautiful. Case closed. I enjoy your flosstube videos because you are so real! Thank you , Girlfriend!!!
@stitching_gamer3651
@stitching_gamer3651 Год назад
Wonderful video as always ❤ love seeing your progress !
@thevirginiastitcher
Thank you so much 😊
@Joyce-bv2tg
@Joyce-bv2tg Год назад
You're the Boss of your hobbies
@sandrawest8248
@sandrawest8248 Год назад
Thank you! You make me feel better about stitching on aida! My eyes are bad and I enjoy crossing stitching! I almost quit cause I couldn’t see stitching on the smaller count and linen. Thank you
@thevirginiastitcher
I’m glad. Keep loving your hobby 😊🧵
@leeannw6606
@leeannw6606 Год назад
I finally settled on the perfect goal for me. My goal is to be stitching as much time as possible every day, on whatever makes me happy and I am enjoying it. I do set up a calendar each month and assign 1-3 wips per day to put stitches on to be sure I get around to everything (150+ wips atm) each quarter. But if I’m not feeling it I put it away and stitch something else. I feel like a success every day.
@cindygaudet1390
@cindygaudet1390 Год назад
Do you have flosstube or IG? I love love wip parades! Your post sounds so great that be an interesting show!
@leeannw6606
@leeannw6606 Год назад
@@cindygaudet1390 I’m too camera shy for that. But thank you for your encouragement
@cindygaudet1390
@@leeannw6606 aww. Maybe IG pictures? LolI too wont do flosstube
@patsyowens7365
@patsyowens7365 Год назад
Like your Stash organization for thread 🧵 and material. Your work of course is beautiful. I don’t have a brick and mortar store close at all so since I’m a new stitcher I have been dying my own Aida with flowers , tea etc to get a color. Surprisingly I have gotten some nice modeling in some pieces. Love to work on 16 and 18 count. I haven’t tried anything else yet. Maybe get brave someday.
@SueStagsStitches
@SueStagsStitches Год назад
You were mentioned in another Floss tube video comment and I had to come check out your channel. I’m glad I did! I enjoyed seeing your WIPs and loved your fabric storage example and am going to try that next. I organized my thread stash the same way this summer. Love it! I have a master set of DMC on Pip and Chip floss chips and bagged all the additional skeins in order in the plastic bins just like you. When kitting, I pull from the plastic bins first, then the master set if necessary. I also started using the iThreads app to keep track of my thread inventory, fabric, beads, and projects. It even keeps track of what colors are in which kitted projects. Now I know exactly what I have, where it is, and what to order when I add a new project to my inventory. I don’t accumulate all the extra skeins and waste money any more and it’s on my phone so my list is always with me.
@thevirginiastitcher
Welcome to my channel 🙂. That app sounds very interesting. I might need to check it out.
@belindacurd3985
@belindacurd3985 Год назад
I stitch on all kinds of different fabrics and counts. 14, 16, 18, 20 count aidas then I'll be stitching the next day on a 28 or 32 count lugana. I love having variety in my stitching too. Ooh I love To Dye For fabrics!!!! I recently got the Spooky Purple in a 16 count aida I love it!! I just ordered a 32 count lugana in the color deja blue from To Dye For it's a ready to ship one. I'm gonna tell my husband it's your fault ms vicky😂😂😂😂😂 love watching you and I love that you squirrel. It's made me see that I can have more then one project going at a time and I can change the floss color if I want too. Thank you ms. Vicky
@lorraineciglar3744
@lorraineciglar3744 Год назад
Great video. I do something similar with my dmc floss. I don't want to have extra floss, it just seems to be a waste. I also stitch on aida because I can see the holes and its easier to stitch. I love cosmos aida for that reason. Its about enjoying my stitching. Thanks for your thoughts. Happy stitching😊
@2teddybearz
@2teddybearz Год назад
Just found your channel 🥰. You and me think alike! My Motto is "I stitch what I want when I want". Except now that I am stitching Month 2 Month by Stitching with the Housewives, I want to get the Month FFO'd by the next month. It's a fun stitch, so I'm not making myself stitch it. It's just majorly FUN to stitch it! I need to stitch a chart with our Motto 🤣
@sharonhendrix3864
@sharonhendrix3864 Год назад
Life is Too Short to not Stitch on What We Like When We Like…..I’m an Aida Lugana Hoop Stitcher by Choice….I used to stitch on linen exclusively (I owned a Cross-Stitch Shoppe for years) Thank You for taking the Time to film your FlossTubes (I know it must be terribly time-consuming) You are Such a Bright Star, Your warmth and love of Cross-Stitch Shine Thru❣️❤❤❤
@thevirginiastitcher
Thank you so much 😊
@rebeccafelker8851
@rebeccafelker8851 Год назад
I liked the backstitching it looks good. Goals or organized plans never work for me. Life just gets too busy and I don’t know about you but my mood changes what I will work on, for right now I have worked on one project for about a year and it’s hard but it’s a very important stitch to finish. Once this is done I am going crazy for a while before I have to start another project like this. It’s gifts for my grand daughters graduations one this next year and one a few years away so I have to do it and stay with it and I don’t have time to write it all down. Wish I could but that is time I want to spend stitching. I see the point in the journaling but it’s not going to happen.
@maryjoobrienmoulding6298
@maryjoobrienmoulding6298 Год назад
I love that you speak up for aida stitchers I have stitched 40+ years alot was on aidalike you. I love evenweave and linen but also like aida even if I rarely use it. I don't like " xs police" to say its not ok or a person is not a seasoned stitcher if they use aida. I believe stitch what you want, how you want, when you want. its for enjoyment and love of stitching. I store extra DMC just in bags but like All 400's in one bag all 500's in a bag so similar to you. I love to watch your videos.Just your Down home goodness. Take care 🧡🎃🧡
@sydneystardew
@sydneystardew Год назад
Thank you for reassuring that it is okay to stitch on aida! I was definitely feeling pressured to use linen and I thought I liked it but I realized how frustrated I was getting with how my stitches looked so back to 16 count aida I went and I am having so much more fun!! Always love a video from you and I’m always adding new charts to my wishlist after watching your videos!
@djbquilts6764
@djbquilts6764 Год назад
Love the backstitch on New York
@paulettepatterson399
@paulettepatterson399 Год назад
Thanks for discussing the Aida issue as I call it. I stitched in the 90’s but most the small ornament kits and on sweatshirts. I have been cross stitching now since December 2021 and am loving it. I stitch on Aida but mostly on 16 or 18 count. I keep thinking I should try even weave but honestly I don’t want to; I think it will take the joy out of stitching for me so I’m not going to. Cross stitching has saved my sanity since my husband passed and I don’t want to mess that up and I love stitching on Aida and love the results. Love your videos!
@thevirginiastitcher
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I am glad that stitching an bring you joy. Merry Christmas 🎄
@lindaeccles1161
@lindaeccles1161 Год назад
Great video Vicki and lots of great storage ideas as well as a feast for the eyes seeing your projects. Good to hear that you stitch on what you want to without the pressure of a goal. It's what this hobby is all about. Happy stitching.
@davidforehand1125
@davidforehand1125 Год назад
Hi sweetie my name is Marilyn I love your floss tube. Please do not feel bad at yourself about the way you stitch. I am the same way. Cross stitch is suppose to fun and get us away from everything. I feel like when I have to stitch on this so many days and that so many days all the fun of is gone for me I can’t do it. What is fun for you and gives you relaxation do it. So for the long comment. Happy stitching.
@dollyyarborough2918
@dollyyarborough2918 Год назад
Hello from NC Vicki, thank you for sharing your storage tips with us. You have a talent for pulling just the right fabric to your pieces. Always a treat to see what you’re stitching. You inspire us. Hope little Molly feels better soon. We had a toy poodle who periodically had tummy issues, so my vet gave me some meds to keep on hand for her tummy hiccups, worked like a charm. Hope your fur baby feels better soon.
@CarolynStitches
@CarolynStitches Год назад
I seem to lean towards the large projects also 😁 Stitch on what you want, when you want. This is a hobby to relax and enjoy, not feel stressed to meet deadlines. As always, I love your variety of stitching! ❤️🪡
@PhoebeMoon
@PhoebeMoon Год назад
Yayyyy so glad to have another Flosstube from you
@barbaragarrison1128
@barbaragarrison1128 Год назад
I love your videos!! So glad you are back!! Be happy stitch when you want do what makes.you happy!!
@pauletteharris5759
@pauletteharris5759 Год назад
We have a Chiweenie that has a fussy tummy. We use a lot of bland chicken with her, too.
@sandraelswick8251
@sandraelswick8251 Год назад
Don’t beat yourself up about not wanting to be confined to a goal, I am the same way I like working on what I feel like that day. Love watching your videos you are so real and funny. Just keep being you, you’re lovely the way you are.
@cindygaudet1390
I am exactly like you, make a plan and even wheel but just get it out and I don’t want to do it… so I do what I want when I want, unless a deadline like a gift or Christmas stockings. Love all your stitching and I have to figure a thread organization,started with bobbins,then flossdrops and now snack bGs (flossAway bags just generic lol) i save small lengths and find bobbins and drops are driving me crazy. Not positive i live the bags so may do 2 bobbins for each the one with full floss and other with pieces but hmm one thing I did was wrote every kitted projects numbers in my book and then ican look see and borrow from it and write in it where I took it from. I also do as you with extra ones in bags. I do like that way as well.
@kade1699
@kade1699 Год назад
I love your videos, Vicky, no matter how much you like to squirrel! Your enthusiasm for cross-stitch and your lovely, warm personality is simply infectious! Oh, and not least of all, you always make me feel totally justified at having so many WIPs🤣 Your's are all so beautiful by the way! Thanks so much!
@BlushingPinkStitches
@BlushingPinkStitches Год назад
So great to see you again Vicky! That fabric for Halloween at Hawk Run is gorgeous! Really sets it off… It’s always so lovely to sit down and listen to you for a while! Happy stitching, Lindsi xx
@susanbarnes1385
@susanbarnes1385 Год назад
I'm glad you have decided on a plan that works for you. It amazes me those people that have very strict stitching schedules and they can keep with it. If I'm liking a piece, I certainly don't want to put it down to pick up something else. Happy stitching.
@devrakline4967
@devrakline4967 Год назад
Thanks for another great video! What a stash of fabric!!! Love all your WIPS!!
@normajeansicard4842
@normajeansicard4842 Год назад
Hi Vicky! I hope your doggie is feeling better! Nice progress and organization! Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!
@ljgrygo
@ljgrygo Год назад
You are such a blessing & a joy to watch. Thank you😁
@calicostiches1705
@calicostiches1705 Год назад
I’m the same with stitching rules. I won’t want to pick it up if I have to. Also your hubby sounds same as here! Lol 😂
@heden1460
@heden1460 Год назад
I can't plan my cross stitching either. It seems a little too much like work. It's more fun pulling out and stitching when I want. I store my floss similar to how you store yours. I store by color in numerical order from there.
@loriswistack4667
@loriswistack4667 Год назад
I always look forward to your videos. I loved all your wip videos didn't want them to end. I never put a goal or do any of the stuff everyone else does. I have a bunch of wips but I stitch on something until I get to the point where I need to stitch on something else. I keep going on that sometimes a finish because I only have 2 large projects going and lots of medium and smalls. You have such large projects I totally give you credit for taking on those large beautiful projects. Keep up the fantastic work you are a pleasure.
@maisieh.8620
@maisieh.8620 Год назад
Makes me so happy to see when you've posted! You do excellent work!
@tamimorgan1487
@tamimorgan1487 Год назад
Hello! Love all your wips! Thanks for your organizing tips! Happy stitching!
@marthaabstein6046
@marthaabstein6046 Год назад
I love your idea for WIPGO next year in doing categories for the month. My question is if you are working on a category, say Samplers, and you pick one you want to work on, could you change to a different Sampler during the month. I think that I would get tired of working on the same Sampler all month. I love your idea of working on what you enjoy and not being confined to a set program. I am totally with you on that. Love watching your floss tube.
@thevirginiastitcher
Hello Martha, My goal on WIPGO for next year is 5 days for each piece. I don’t work on them for the whole month. Happy stitching 🧵
@jenniferleetucker1841
@jenniferleetucker1841 Год назад
Absolutely love your thread organization!!! I can only stitch on Aida and am proud of it and so should you be Vicki!!! Love your channel 💚
@NDQuilter1
@NDQuilter1 Год назад
Love seeing your projects. Also love all your organization of your threads and fabrics.
@Melinda91133
@Melinda91133 Год назад
Love your stitching and videos. Im always excited when YT tells me there is a new one from you. I stitch like you. I just stitch on what i want when I want. I do bring new ones out each month to remind myself hey don’t forget this one. I have tried to schedule myself or say you have to do this many stitches to get it done by this date but it never works. I sometimes have so much fun stitching something I finish it super quick. Its just my stitching style. 😊
@biadoras
@biadoras Год назад
You got some fun and pretty looking projects. Yup, I agree, the white pumpkin sure blends in. Thanks for keeping me company as I try to get the backstitching on a project done. I tend to procrastinate from backstitching a lot. X) Enjoying your vlog to keep myself from switching to a more fun project.
@stitchingbytheriver8666
@stitchingbytheriver8666 Год назад
You are not a failure. You are a stitcher of your heart's desire.
@sofialucero3821
@sofialucero3821 Год назад
Wow! I love your organization and thought process. I was not sure how to store my dmc (floss drops or bobbin) but after seeing your set up that makes sense I finally know what I need to do. Thanks for the ideas and another great video.
@kathyn4267
@kathyn4267 Год назад
Great video! Love Aida and the progress you make. Have a great week. Your one of my favorite videos.
@marleenoceanbreeze6510
@marleenoceanbreeze6510 Год назад
I really enjoy your videos. It's also so kind that you try to help other stitchers with hints and organizational suggestions, etc. Your stitching is all just beautiful. The Halloween Hawk Run piece looks great. And I love your Mira Autumn Queen. For the pieces that you restarted, I completely agree with you about fabric choice. Your second choices for both were definite improvements on the first. No sense stitching away on things that just aren't calling to you, and so glad that when you switched out fabrics, you got excited about the pieces again. Take care and happy stitching to you. I also hope that your dog improves.
@laurazuniga184
@laurazuniga184 Год назад
I always enjoy your videos. Your Wips are going very fast. I agree about knowing the amount of thread you have of each color, so when it is a big project that requires many skeins, you go and buy more of those specific colors. The Mirabilia finishes are so beautiful!!!
@bethwoods7035
@bethwoods7035 Год назад
Love your projects, love your organizing tips! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
@maureenlopez9266
@maureenlopez9266 Год назад
I feel so bad for you when you beat yourself up because you changed your stitching plans! I think you just need to be on the S.W.I.W.W.I.W. (pronounced swee-wee) plan. It stands for Stitch What I Want When I Want. Maybe you should try doing just that plan in 2023 and see how it goes😁 Your stitching, as always, is beautiful. I forget which flosstuber I was watching (maybe Lynn, the Lancashire Stitcher), and she was also stitching Nantucket Rose and was mentioning something about the actual colors being different from those on the cover picture. It's such a lovely design. I've got one of that designer's patterns called The Teacher in my stash for over 20 years that I keep meaning to start. Sigh...one of these days! Have a great few weeks, toss out the plans, and have fun stitching what you want! 😆
@kellierikard6696
@kellierikard6696 Год назад
Another great video. Thank you for all the organizing tips.
@rosejackson8
@rosejackson8 Год назад
Just received my pattern and will be starting the state project on New years...i love the look of the back stitching, that was such a great idea!
@kathrynbaker-gago5942
@kathrynbaker-gago5942 Год назад
I absolutely love and agree with your Aida “rant” ❤ I have only used Aida but will try Lugana to see if I like it. Thank you for the impromptu show and tell of your beautiful pieces.😊
@MsKarenMR
@MsKarenMR Год назад
Thanks for Sharing!!🤗 Your Stitching is Immaculate 💖!!!
@leeannroberts9019
@leeannroberts9019 Год назад
Great video. Thank you for taking the time to do this. You inspire me to do large projects. I stitch mostly on Adia and I’m very okay with it. Lol. I also find my floss is growing out of control. Working on that. Happy Stitching!
@reneewilliams5789
@reneewilliams5789 Год назад
I love Diamond art too. I’m working on a Chuck Pinson DA that will probably take me a year.But I cross stitch more. The Wipgo has helped me get more done because it brings to my attention projects I may overlook. However I have switched projects on it after the number is called. Like if a 1 is called but I really want to work on project 5 I just erase & change positions so I work on the project I want to. But hey, I’m working on them.
@JanetJabber
@JanetJabber Год назад
Great tips. 🌻🌻🌻
@stephaniewingett2173
@stephaniewingett2173 Год назад
Hi Vickie. I have to laugh when you talk about not being able to follow the goals you set. I have COMPLETELY given up on goals! It just doesn't work for me no matter how hard I try! Now - if I want to stitch it, I do - If I don't want to, then I don't. I will periodically flip thru my WIPS to see what catches my fancy and I usually do have a target piece on the go (altho there is no guarantee as to how long that piece will REMAIN a target!) It works for me - and it makes me happy. Thank you for all of your fabric and floss storage ideas. I'm in the process of copying your fabric method and also see some parts of the floss storage that I'll incorporate. Thank you!! Steph from NJ
@GlammyBee
@GlammyBee Год назад
Working on what you want, when you want and for how long you want is a goal. Cross stitch is a hobby, and is supposed to be our enjoyment, our balm. We have so many rules, schedules, restrictions, guidelines - our crafts should be where we escape all of that!
@sherylross4461
@sherylross4461 Год назад
Absolutely love your floss organization. Great idea. I've been wondering what to do about this situation. Thank you so much.
@chrismagellan4669
@chrismagellan4669 Год назад
I always look forward to your videos. We have similar tastes in patterns. So for my floss organization, it’s similar, except that I put my floss into floss away bags and organize the bags into index card boxes. That way I see everything I have for each color in one bag. I’m going to start organizing my hand dyed floss the way you are. Such a good idea. So is the DMC guide. I always wondered how you used your hand dyed stash as a substitution and matched colors so well.
@rhealeneorwig9083
@rhealeneorwig9083 Год назад
I have at least 50 WIPS...tried a timed or structured rotation, did not work for me. If I'm working on something, I will keep going as long as I am into that project then switch off to something else or start something new...most of my WIPS are big projects. My "rotation" is what I lovingly call a screaming rotation..lol...I work on whatever calls the loudest. Sounds like you have a screaming rotation too as well as starting new stuff whenever you feel like it. You go girl! It's all stitchin' and that is what is most important!
@gratefulgrammie9437
@gratefulgrammie9437 Год назад
First time watcher…try cooking liver for your dog, and give her pumpkin…. 🥺for both of you.
@MsKarenMR
@MsKarenMR Год назад
Sound is back 🤗! Thanks 🌻!!
@kerrihunter6865
@kerrihunter6865 Год назад
Thanks Vicky for another great idea, love how you store your floss and fabrics. I to am an aida stitcher and im just about to embark on some lugana. I dont have that much thread or fabric as yet because ive only just begun to stitch again in the past year.
Далее
Flosstube #48 - April Wrap Up (May 4, 2024)
1:49:02
Просмотров 12 тыс.
Flosstube #40 - April Stitching Wrap Up (May 10, 2023)
1:05:40
Brenda and the Serial Starter - Episode #115 (6/30/24)
1:27:47
Flosstube #15: Procrastinators Get Finishes
55:20
Flosstube #35 - Between Two WIPs - Gwyneth Went Ham
1:35:47
FlossTube - DIY Floss Storage
18:06
Просмотров 9 тыс.
Loop start and Loop finish for cross stitch
15:42
Просмотров 74 тыс.