Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 61   
@chronixchaos7081
@chronixchaos7081 5 месяцев назад
The Yukon is well known for its wide variety of hat shops.
@frankhaselhorst9368
@frankhaselhorst9368 4 года назад
The Cliffhanger. As much as we can't wait for the top 5, this is exactly how to do it; you have us hooked.
@p0ck3tp3ar
@p0ck3tp3ar 2 года назад
This channel is so awesome and you are fantastic at what you do. Thank you.
@TheDungeonDive
@TheDungeonDive 2 года назад
Thank you! Appreciate it.
@jdebarr
@jdebarr 4 года назад
Love Hexplore it and Arkham horror both are incredible games with lots of variety.
@Destroyaj
@Destroyaj 4 года назад
Great vid! Can't wait to hear the rest.
@jerod6085
@jerod6085 4 года назад
I would have never thought of Lost Valley (which I have, but as of now still unplayed) as an adventure game. At least not at face value, which is all I can do for now not having played it. But I am looking forward to checking it out even more so now! Thanks for bringing that one back to my attention.
@TheDungeonDive
@TheDungeonDive 4 года назад
I really get a strong sense of adventure from it. It does a lot with very little.
@dfwpiper1
@dfwpiper1 4 года назад
Can't wait to hear the rest! You already threw in a few that I've never heard of.
@eriklusyne6892
@eriklusyne6892 4 года назад
Hey, Daniel, me thinks nr1 is gonna be Folklore! Love these lists and a big fan of your channel!
@orbitingdecay6797
@orbitingdecay6797 4 года назад
It isn't he stated elsewhere it doesn't make it.
@jerod6085
@jerod6085 4 года назад
I love the idea of combining Runebound + Descent. Neither of which have I played btw. But I get what you are saying. I have had similar "mash-up" ideas, if you will. Some are a bit unwieldy or unrealistic, like combining Star Wars Armada + X-wing to determine the outcome of smaller dog fights... lol ;)
@TheDungeonDive
Totally!
@earlofdoncaster5018
@earlofdoncaster5018 4 года назад
Combining those two games is a splendid idea, possibly a better one would be combining Runebound and Dungeon Universalis.
@jonathanstutzman7757
@jonathanstutzman7757 4 года назад
Digging the list so far, especially since it does not include games I know well. My top 10: Tainted Grail Arkham Horror Card Game Tales of the Arabian Nights Dungeon Degenerates Pathfinder ACG 2nd Edition Journeys in Middle Earth Shadows of Malice Eldritch Horror A Touch of Evil Folklore the Affliction
@TheDungeonDive
That’s a solid list, for sure. Would play any of those.
@kyur3813
@kyur3813 3 года назад
13:45 - The rough spot that FFG is in has a name, and it's called Asmodee. :P
@TheDungeonDive
@TheDungeonDive 3 года назад
Truth.
@erikpeters7072
@erikpeters7072 4 года назад
My top would be Journeys in middle earth Folklore the affliction Arkham horror 2e/3e Eldritch Horror Aventuria ACG Runebound 3e Touch of Evil Fortune and Glory 7th continent Tainted grail Dungeon crawls would be Cthulhu Death May Die Shadows of Brimstone Escape from Dulce Mansions of madness Descent Imperial assault Sword and Sorcery I feel like folklore is the closest I’ve played to a game like you mentioned that allows to have that overland adventure while then allowing you to have the dungeon crawl experience as well.
@orbitingdecay6797
@orbitingdecay6797 4 года назад
Arydia: The Paths We Dare Tread may well be like Folklore. I am super interested in it, hopefully it has much better combat than Folklore and from what I have read it may well have. Note - I have never played nor likely will ever play Folkore.
@shaneannigans
@shaneannigans 4 года назад
I think Folklore is great but I hated it solo. I've held onto my copy in the hope I can get a group to play it with me 🙂
@TheDungeonDive
Spoiler alert - Folklore did not make the list. IMO, it needs way too many house rules to be considered good for solo play, with only 2 heroes. Any more than 2 and it's WAY TOO fiddly for me. Way too many numbers to keep track of. I'm hoping that the revised rules in the upcoming expansion add what I'm looking for, because I really, really want to love the game. It has a ton of good qualities to it, but I think the D100 combat is WAY too swingy, and only getting to add +1 or +2 here and there doesn't really do much to augment the luck.
@shaneannigans
@@TheDungeonDive Couldn't agree more!!
@TheDungeonDive
The combat takes too long for what it has to offer.
@Rodinov_Claw
@Rodinov_Claw 4 года назад
Some extra info for you...the HexploreIt designer have just recently released a sneak peek for the backers of Sands of Shurax . the campaign book using the components of the Valley of the Dead King (and its expansion). It's called Klik's Madness. Had a chance to playthru the prologue and it really added a fresh perspective and gave new life to the series.
@TheDungeonDive
I’m patiently waiting for the campaign mode for part 2. Sounds pretty cool.
@Katoh64
@Katoh64 4 года назад
Do you have any idea if those campaing PDFs will be available for retailer buyers? Seems to be a Kickstarter exclusive for now.
@Rodinov_Claw
@Rodinov_Claw 4 года назад
@@Katoh64 Based on the KS update, it does seemed that it would be available as a physical copy in the future.
@sethpeterson8261
@sethpeterson8261 4 года назад
I'll look into Hexplore it, but man is that name cringy. I've avoided it simply because that's such a terrible name and shows such poor, un-thematic design judgment that the rest of the game must be truly bad.
@frankbranham7404
@frankbranham7404 4 года назад
Hmmm. I like 3rd and 4th edition Talisman much better than 2nd. Far less messier, and the anything can happen feeling is still present. Also, major bonus points for Lost Valley---that is a personal fave as well.
@kwulfe
@kwulfe 4 года назад
We had a lot of fun with Legends of Andor. Played this a lot during family vacations. Did you get Dungeon Universalis already? This might be the game which is able to successfully combine adventure and crawler.
@TheDungeonDive
Staying waiting for DUN. I’m having a hard time staying patient. :)
@apollolinaire2607
@apollolinaire2607 2 года назад
God I hated Legends of Andor. I thought I could be exploring and discovring things but nope, you gotta hurry up all the time and do all things the RIGHT way or you lose, classes and interactions aren't that interesting, and about the art I found it incredibly dull after a few games. The timer really was an issue for me too, as I thought that enemies moving in close was already a good mechanic to give the game a sense of urgency but now you also have to worry about everything taking time. I get why people can like it but I personally thought it was too hard for the sake of being hard. I never actually finished the game after attempting several times the gem gathering mission and not having fun at all. I can't even remember a moment where something made me go "Ah, this is fun as hell!". Mostly disappointment speaking here and I sound salty but I was really expecting something a bit more chill and LOTR-esque and actually got let down. the Fantasy Flight game "The Lord of the Rings : Travels in Middle Earth" did scratch my itch however!
@Luchiop
@Luchiop 2 года назад
I agree with everything you said and regret that purchase.
@frankhaselhorst9368
Maybe not strictly "adventure" games, all of them, but here is my impromptu list of 10 games that give me a fantastic adventure experience: 1. 7th Continent 2. Arkham Horror: The Cards Game 3. Eldritch Horror 4. Dungeon Degenerates 5. This War of Mine 6. Darkest Night 7. Gloom of Kilforth 8. Maximum Apocalypse 9. Runebound 3e 10. Doomrock
@TheDungeonDive
That’s a damn solid list. :)
@randothomas3733
@randothomas3733 4 года назад
Hey frank. Playing Runebound 3e lately and its nice. I dont like the setup, way to long. Do you play it vanilla or with some house rules?
@frankhaselhorst9368
@@randothomas3733 Rando, I "think" I answered you, but maybe answered myself on here(?) Just sayin', there's a response out there somewhere...hey, I got it in the right place now.
@frankhaselhorst9368
@Rando Thomas Hi Rando. Being a solo gamer these days, empty nestwise, I leave most games on the table for several plays, having broken the temptation to look over my shoulder at my games-in-wait, rather than enjoy the moment, and additionally get to know my games much deeper, as I believe the designers intended. And for me, that makes set-up time a non-issue, I guess. Also, I am not a content provider, who by definition (almost) must play through many games. Actually, Daniel is wise enough not to do that to his channel, but still, my personal luxury is to give great games several plays through. And, thanks to channels like this, I have some great and deserving games for just that. Lastly, I have not needed to house rule much (anything? Not sure...). Runebound has been fun vanilla for me both solo and 2-player with my son (when down from CAN). If at first...
@nydaloth
@nydaloth 4 года назад
Most gamer will agree Arkham horror is an adventure game. Also is widely conspired more like fantasy than horror.
@TheDungeonDive
I mean controversial because I didn't pick 2nd edition, or Eldritch Horror. 3rd Edition seems to be very divisive.
@bajtucha
@bajtucha 4 года назад
Can you please spell or link an address to this favorite game reviewer of yours that you mentioned in the video? Tom Cheek?
@TheDungeonDive
Tom Chick. www.quartertothree.com/fp/author/admin/
@ashardelon1491
@ashardelon1491 4 года назад
My favourite is WoW: board game with some houserules. Now I am interested in Divinity original sin board game. could be good...
@TheDungeonDive
Jan Kloub I never got to play that back in the day.
@shaneannigans
So you play Talisman solo? I've had my eye on it and wondered what it'd be like to play by myself, just adventuring around. I know the app exists but I'd usually rather read a book than play an app.
@TheDungeonDive
Yeah. I just did a solo play through featuring a bunch of house rules.
@shaneannigans
@@TheDungeonDive Will be tracking that down and watching-cheers!! 😊👍
@stugilman8283
@stugilman8283 4 года назад
that's snazzy top!
@Infyra
@Infyra 4 года назад
I think all FFG Star Wars games except for maybe Legion have been cancelled havent they? Have you ever played Descent 1st Edition Road to Legends campaign (or Sea of Blood)? It combined the overland board and had the dungeon crawls, still one of my favorite board game experiences. Anyway for me overland/adventure games? Hmm Dungeon Degenerates, KDM, Runebound, Hexplore it, Folklore, Shadows of Malice, Mage Knight, City of Kings, I havent actually played that many of these. The holy grail would ofcourse be if you can find it, understand it and play it properly: Magic Realm.
@TheDungeonDive
Oh really. They were canceled? Then what the he’ll is FFG working on? I played a ton of Descent 1e back in the day and liked it, but I don’t really like too many 1 v many these days.
@IODISH12
@IODISH12 4 года назад
Yes, Star Wars Imperial Assault is done. They just had preorder for 2nd expansion of AH3
@FreeRangeDice
@FreeRangeDice 2 года назад
Arkham Horror 3e has terrible writing. It also gets boring, fast. I still play Eldritch Horror and AH 2e after years of play; I have no desire to play 3e again. That's a sign that they messed up. Also, that board.... Ugh. What a terrible design.
@TheDungeonDive
@TheDungeonDive 2 года назад
I love 3rd edition. My favorite of the bunch.
Далее
Top Ten Adventure Games - Part Two
20:25
Просмотров 8 тыс.
Top 10 Adventure Board Games - 2024 edition
34:29
Просмотров 56 тыс.
YOU Are the Hero - Damn Right I Am!
17:17
Просмотров 9 тыс.
10 Games you can play forever
34:51