Тёмный
No video :(

Home Observatory maintenance - Roll off roof support fix using my saw 

Frosth Astrophotography
Подписаться 2,4 тыс.
Просмотров 622
50% 1

The record for cloudy and bad weather seems to be broken every day and I’ve only been able to use my astro photography gear a couple of times in the last two months. I was surprised and happy looking at the forecast to see that I was going to have a clear night and proceeded to go out to clear the snow from the observatory roof and roof support. I noticed that the support had risen, which was unexpected since I used earth screws, but I guess the ground must have been extra wet before freezing and I did not insulate around the roof support as I did under the observatory.
The support was not levelled at all and I needed to quickly fix that before opening the roof again to avoid the risk of twisting the roof. Since I haven’t been able to make any videos on data capture or processing, I thought I’d share this maintenance work with you.
If you would like to support me on my journey into photographing the stars and deep sky objects, you can donate using: www.buymeacoff...
My equipment
SkyWatcher HEQ5 Pro (belt mod and SKF bearings)
SkyWatcher EvoStar 80ED Pro (0,85x FF/FR)
SkyWatcher EvoGuide 50ED
ZWO ASI294MM Pro
ZWO ASI120MM Mini
ZWO EAF Automatic Focuser
ZWO EFW Electronic Filter Wheel, 7 position 36mm
ZWO LRGB broadband and SHO narrowband filters
If you like this channel and my content, click subscribe to make sure not to miss out on upcoming videos. Also don’t forget to check out my website: www.frosth.se

Опубликовано:

5 сен 2024

Поделиться:

Ссылка:

Скачать:

Готовим ссылку...

Добавить в:

Мой плейлист
Посмотреть позже
Комментарии : 20   
@SimonsAstro
@SimonsAstro 8 месяцев назад
Coming from a builder, I can say, a job well done, albeit temporary! It did the job! Good luck with your clear skies! I wish I had some! Ever since I swapped my ASIAIR to a mini pc to run the rig with Nina, I’ve not had a clear sky!! Hopefully some clear skies in 24 for us all👍
@frosthastrophotography
@frosthastrophotography 8 месяцев назад
Thank you so much for watching!
@nikaxstrophotography
@nikaxstrophotography 8 месяцев назад
It will be interesting to see what may happen in the summer when the ground thaws out. I think you may have to redo the posts altogether and dig beneath the frost line if you have a frost line in your location.
@frosthastrophotography
Yeah, I did not go below frostline, that is 1,5-2 meters here. I thought it would be fine, I have used earth screws a lot without any big issues. Will dig around them and insulate this summer.
@robb7342
@robb7342 8 месяцев назад
Fortunately my astroshed is not seeing as much snow as yours so far, but relentless cloudy skies and rain. Good point to note though, I'll have to keep an eye on the level.
@frosthastrophotography
Thank you so much for watching! Indeed relentless with the clouds.
@GediAstro
@GediAstro 8 месяцев назад
Nice work! I would have been so nervous cutting my structure like that :D
@frosthastrophotography
Hehe, no worries, no load on it when the roof is closed 😀
@ronm6585
@ronm6585 8 месяцев назад
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!
@frosthastrophotography
Thank you so much for watching!
@jacquesbeauropert
@jacquesbeauropert 8 месяцев назад
good job. I want the same observatory 😂😂😂
@frosthastrophotography
Thank you so much!
@Astro_Shed
@Astro_Shed 8 месяцев назад
Great video, and problem nicely corrected, why did this happen and what exactly had moved ?
@frosthastrophotography
Thank you! Well, I'm not deep enough for frost free zone here at 63 degrees north and I didn't insulate the ground because normally you don't need to with earth screws, but I guess the ground was too moist or wet at the time of freezing. So the earth screw rose up with freezing ground.
@CDigata
@CDigata 6 месяцев назад
so the obs has sunk a little?
@frosthastrophotography
@frosthastrophotography 6 месяцев назад
No, the observatory is fine, the support for the roof rails raised up.
@CDigata
@CDigata 6 месяцев назад
@@frosthastrophotographyoh i see, maybe as the tree is now not absorbing water causing ground swell
@frosthastrophotography
@@CDigata I think it just has to do with the ground composition as in terms of material and the fact that the earth screws used was not deep enough or insulated.
@CDigata
@CDigata 6 месяцев назад
@@frosthastrophotographyyer maybe need some sort of adjustable height in the base of the supports. mine are surface plates that the wood slots into, ive never bolted them down. but your video is going to make me check mine when the weather gets better.. wishing we all get Clear skies soon..
@frosthastrophotography
@@CDigata I'm going to dig and insulate this summer, hopefully fixing this permanently.
Далее
НЕДОВОЛЬНА УСЛУГОЙ #shorts
00:27
Просмотров 18 тыс.
Recommended Tools for Metal Roofing
4:35
Просмотров 13 тыс.
RA3AAE: "Как передаётся энергия".
37:42
DIY | Snow Combo Gun - How To Make Snow at Home
4:12
Off Grid Living: Retractable Stairs Part 2